the 2006 is starting to get underrated now on these boards:

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This draft has some nice top end talent in:

Kessel, Frolik, Johnson, Toews, Mueller, Sheppard, Little, Staal, Jouensuu, , Maxwell, Brassard, Alexandrov, Backstrom

Good overall talent with guys like;
Okposo, Hillier, Kveton, Breault, Shutron, Emmerton, Popov, Vishnevsky, Carle, Flynn, Hughes, Tlusty, Makarov, Vasyunov, Degray, Forney.

Other guys like:
Fadden, Joey Ryan, Ruzicka, Suchy, Bodnarchuk, Geoffrion, Montgomery, Foligno

Great Goalies:
Blanchard, Saure, Bernier, Palmer, Hoivenen

Last edited:

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
hey scoutman1,

I know you watch alot of hockey. I'm wondering if you know of any players from this draft that have high-end offensive abilities but might not be slated to go ultra high - - say top 20 (a la Cogliano, Bergfors, etc).

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
guys like the I would think are:

Ryan Hillier (speed and playmaking with great vision)

Benjamin Breault (great skater, stickhandler and good offensive skills)

Cory Emmerton (surprise so far...could really rise up the draft sheets this year)

Alexander Vasyunov (super offensive skills and could be a top 3 talent in the draft, but is really lazy and only turns it on in spurts...if improve work ethic then he could be an Alexander Mogilney)

Derrick Brassard (speed, playmaking and scoring all in one package)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I don't really know how Derick Brassard won't be a first rounder by the end of the year if he keeps playing like this. I mean he's fast, he's not THAT small, and has awesome vision. In the old NHL, I'd understand if he didn't make the cut, but with the new free-wheeling game, he should be a top 20 pick. Players like him will thrive. Think a faster PM Bouchard but with less passing skills.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
i'm from quebec and usually I don't really like quebecers prospect ..
but I really really like that brassard kid ! he reminds me gagné..

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
On a side note, does anyone have that link to Fedz awesome 2006 draft article or thread? He did a great job on his top 30, it was here on HFBoards.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
I don't really know how Derick Brassard won't be a first rounder by the end of the year if he keeps playing like this. I mean he's fast, he's not THAT small, and has awesome vision. In the old NHL, I'd understand if he didn't make the cut, but with the new free-wheeling game, he should be a top 20 pick. Players like him will thrive. Think a faster PM Bouchard but with less passing skills.

I'm hearing that he will easily be a top 15 pick and a probable top 10 selection. He's my darkhorse candidate to jump up into the top five or even four. Yes he is that good!

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sheppard with another 3 points night against Quebec now has 23 points in 19 games. So much for that slow start, this guy is a beast. I still don't know if his shoulder is 100% since he has played through the injury.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
that link for the top 30 was awful, I almost took a dump in my pants after reading that filth. That took 6 months of research to come up with that drivel? Thank God you arent a scout for the Blackhawks,because you would land us some no name euro jobber instead of the bluechip north American kids who were so left out on this list its hilarious. Where is Mitera? Sauer? Sanguenetti? Forney? Nigel Williams? Dowzak? Foligno? Flynn? Erik Johnson at 14? hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
The guy might go #2, no lower then 5. I might know my American players, but thank God that will look nothing like the 06' draft. I want my life back from reading that crap.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
here is my top 30 for the draft:

1. Phil Kessel
2. Michael Frolik
3. Jonathan Toews
4. Erik Johnson
5. Peter Mueller
6. James Sheppard
7. Brian Little
8. Jordan Staal
9. Jesse Jouensuu
10. Jonathan Bernier
11. Nicklas Backstrom
12. Tomas Marcinko
13. Derrick Brassard
14. Yuri Alexandrov
15. Ben Maxwell
16. Billy Sauer
17. Mike Forney
18. Jiri Tlusty
19. Kyle Okposo
20. Alexander Vasyunov
21. Ivan Vishnevsky
22. Joe Palmer
23. Ben Shutron
24. J.C Blanchard
25. Mark Mitera
26. Mathieu Carle
27. Niko Toivenen
28. Igor Makarov
29. Ryan Hillier
30. Nick Foligno

Transported Upstater

scoutman1 said:

1. Phil Kessel
2. Michael Frolik
3. Jonathan Toews
4. Erik Johnson
5. Peter Mueller
6. James Sheppard
7. Brian Little
8. Jordan Staal
9. Jesse Jouensuu
10. Jonathan Bernier
11. Nicklas Backstrom
12. Tomas Marcinko
13. Derrick Brassard
14. Yuri Alexandrov
15. Ben Maxwell
16. Billy Sauer
17. Mike Forney
18. Jiri Tlusty
19. Kyle Okposo
20. Alexander Vasyunov
21. Ivan Vishnevsky
22. Joe Palmer
23. Ben Shutron
24. J.C Blanchard
25. Mark Mitera
26. Mathieu Carle
27. Niko Toivenen
28. Igor Makarov
29. Ryan Hillier
30. Nick Foligno

I notice Bernier is rated really high.

This is an open-ended question for everyone: Does anyone think NHL teams may not draft goalies in the top 10 as often as before?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I agree with the idea that the 2006 crop is being very underrated thus far. The USHL is set to have a big draft year- I wouldn't be surprised to see a team reach on a couple guys out of there early.

If anything, this will be the year that the USHL finally begins making up lost time on the CHL. Also watch out for Tier II kids- Cogliano's recent success is another major boost for leagues like the OPJHL and BCHL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mr Bugg said:
I agree with the idea that the 2006 crop is being very underrated thus far. The USHL is set to have a big draft year- I wouldn't be surprised to see a team reach on a couple guys out of there early.

If anything, this will be the year that the USHL finally begins making up lost time on the CHL. Also watch out for Tier II kids- Cogliano's recent success is another major boost for leagues like the OPJHL and BCHL.

The BCHL has Zajac and Chucko coming out, although I think Zajac ended up in college, they were both first round picks

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
AmericanDream said:
I want my life back from reading that crap.

Now you know how everyone feels after seeing your post. Did you even bother to check the date?

Maybe you'd like to post your list so we can all be dicks and trash you.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
AmericanDream said:
that link for the top 30 was awful, I almost took a dump in my pants after reading that filth. That took 6 months of research to come up with that drivel? Thank God you arent a scout for the Blackhawks,because you would land us some no name euro jobber instead of the bluechip north American kids who were so left out on this list its hilarious. Where is Mitera? Sauer? Sanguenetti? Forney? Nigel Williams? Dowzak? Foligno? Flynn? Erik Johnson at 14? hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
The guy might go #2, no lower then 5. I might know my American players, but thank God that will look nothing like the 06' draft. I want my life back from reading that crap.
That link was to a post from last Feb, obviously things change in 9 months. Anyway, being as though you're so critical, where's your list?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
AmericanDream said:

You sure are very well informed. I won't reiterate what the others have said about the date of the post because then you'd seem like less of an idiot.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
scoutman1 said:

1. Phil Kessel
2. Michael Frolik
3. Jonathan Toews
4. Erik Johnson
5. Peter Mueller
6. James Sheppard
7. Brian Little
8. Jordan Staal
9. Jesse Jouensuu
10. Jonathan Bernier
11. Nicklas Backstrom
12. Tomas Marcinko
13. Derrick Brassard
14. Yuri Alexandrov
15. Ben Maxwell
16. Billy Sauer
17. Mike Forney
18. Jiri Tlusty
19. Kyle Okposo
20. Alexander Vasyunov
21. Ivan Vishnevsky
22. Joe Palmer
23. Ben Shutron
24. J.C Blanchard
25. Mark Mitera
26. Mathieu Carle
27. Niko Toivenen
28. Igor Makarov
29. Ryan Hillier
30. Nick Foligno

No Ty Wishart?

I'd have Wishart as a lock for the first round, and it wouldn't surprise me if he pushes the top-10 at the end of the year. 6'5", mobile, strong outlet passer, and doesn't mind the rough stuff. +20 after 18 games on a team where no other defender is better than +6. Plus a strong showing for U-18 Team Canada this summer from all accounts.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Maxwell goes ahead of him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MS said:
No Ty Wishart?

I'd have Wishart as a lock for the first round, and it wouldn't surprise me if he pushes the top-10 at the end of the year. 6'5", mobile, strong outlet passer, and doesn't mind the rough stuff. +20 after 18 games on a team where no other defender is better than +6. Plus a strong showing for U-18 Team Canada this summer from all accounts.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Maxwell goes ahead of him.
I heard he is alot like Coburn, big, strong but not overly physical as he should be.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
go kim johnsson 514 said:
The BCHL has Zajac and Chucko coming out, although I think Zajac ended up in college, they were both first round picks

Chucko is also playing college hockey-University of Minnesota.Travis Zajac is at North Dakota

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jason MacIsaac said:
I heard he is alot like Coburn, big, strong but not overly physical as he should be.

He's not Derian Hatcher, but he's pretty physical from what I've seen. Has had a couple fights already and should finish up with well over 100 PIM this year.

But yeah, for the most part I'd say he's pretty similar to Coburn. And I'd say that's mostly a positive thing.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i believe derrick brassard broke his arm or something, and he will be out for awhile. hopefully when he comes back he'll keep playing the way he has been, cause dummondville certainly needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->