The 18/19 Schedule - Tired/Rested games

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Edmonton! I have no effing words for this team. I don’t know how the eff do they manage to keep bottoming it out years after years after years. I would be happy for McD if this schedule helped him a little, the much needed help he doesn’t get from the management.
almost as mind boggling as not winning a Cup in 51 years and counting....

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Threads are like these are incredibly useful for outing the not-so-intelligent posters from the normal ones.

Reactions: Coffey

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
If we could just have those calls go our way around 50 % of times like most of the NHL teams. We are opposite of pet team for referees.

Someone asked older schedules, I would like too see those because couple last season teams have gone to Calgary after visiting Edmonton. But would need stats to back this up.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So unfair. Oilers have to play opponents that are already warmed up from the day before. League is screwing them over.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd say the OP is onto something if the league gave Edmonton an advantage by giving them 10+ points at the start of the season. Then you could say the league is doing everything it could do to help the Oilers get into the playoffs.

Gio4PM

Nov 4, 2014
Not a conspiracy, but IMO something that could be fixed so it's a little more fair year to year (no matter who happens to be getting the short end of the stick it could be evened out a bit more). It probably makes a difference when in the season you get tired teams as well.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Lol, Canucks. I remember when something like this might have actually gotten a rise out of the fan base. At least it might expedite a management change.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
And 10% of the season we are playing a rested team while tired.
Did you watch the 2016 playoffs? Or notice how little powerplays we had last season? Or notice how bad we have been this decade?
The league doesnt give a **** where the Oilers finish

Let’s be honest here: if the league had any sort of bias against the Oilers, they would not have allowed them to win the McDavid lottery.

The Sharks play more tired than rested every year and still make the playoffs every year. Not a big deal.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The number of back to backs mean nothing. These are professional athletes that are trained to be able to play two in two nights with travel.

The team that should be complaining about a bad schedule is the team that has been forced to play the most road games at this point and that team is the Avalanche. We have 19 road games played, 2 more than anyone in the league, compared to only 11 home games 2 less than anyone in the league. Multiple long trips to the East coast, longest home stand has only been 2 games.

It's been a joke of a schedule so far. The only we can say that hasn't been terrible is the fact we haven't had tons of back to back games. Our guys look tired. The last two road have we've been dragging and I can't even fault the team since all they've been doing all season is playing road games.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I think it would be more useful to include travel in between those games.
I don't have much pity for Pittsburgh back to backing against Philadelphia and New York etc if that's what their back to backs look like.
meanwhile Edmonton and other Western conference teams go on Washington/Tampa Bay back to backs.
No Eastern conf teams should ever bitch about their schedule and princess travel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->