The 18/19 Schedule - Tired/Rested games

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Uhhhhh you know Edmonton is the most northern city in the NHL. The travel is brutal and we start the season overseas. And I mean I’m sure the NHL would do everything in it’s power to make one of their smallest markets a playoff team over huge franchises like the NYR. :thumbu:
One of the Smallest markets? By Population maybe but the Oilers are one of the NHL’s biggest revenue generators.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm not going to assume there is any agenda here as the OP suggests, but I do think this calls into question how much regard they give to the balancing of the schedule, which probably should be more of a concern. How does 1 team get 18 of these situations, while another gets just 3.

Reactions: Kel Varnson

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
This will actually affect their conditioning and if they make the playoffs the tired teams playing rested teams will get to that next level. Why does the league hate the Oilers?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
And 10% of the season we are playing a rested team while tired.
Did you watch the 2016 playoffs? Or notice how little powerplays we had last season? Or notice how bad we have been this decade?
The league doesnt give a **** where the Oilers finish
I mean it would make sense if the nhl was trying to market their best star in McDavid

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Nobody is pushing them in. Why would the other 30 owners approve of this? The NHL is ran by all 31 owners. It's not ran by 1 guy. Why would any owner want this? "Let's help Edmonton get into the playoffs, maybe at the expense of my team".

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They more or less play off of Calgary or Vancouver's back, this flip flops every year.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I still don’t think it will make much of a difference. Their team is bad. They might squeak in as a wild card team if McDavid goes crazy and puts up 120 points.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
The Oilers might have the worst October schedule in the NHL.

The season will probably be over before it starts like usual.
sadly. if they can go 500 in October they make the playoffs imo. if they tank well it's over

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
For years we would play teams first and then Calgary would get them second. Nice to see it change. That and start adding up the Miles traveled that we do and get back to me about us being rested
Nice to see the Oiler faithful still holding onto this like your team wasn't trash for a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->