The 100 highest rated matches

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If you're looking for workrate heavy matches then that list is going to be of great use. Nothing can be taken as a definitive list of the top matches and the voters are clearly a certain subset of the general fandom but the matches that I've seen from that list tend to be quite good. I recently rewatched the CM Punk vs Samoa Joe match that is on that list and it's still really good. Punk's best match.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Ive seen not a lot of those. You love to see Shawn Michaels Undertaker again and again. I like Okada Omega matches and saw some. Okada >>>

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

24456893-standard.jpeg

24456894-standard.jpeg

4. CM Punk vs. John Cena (Money in the Bank 2011)

24456889-standard.jpeg

I'm not claiming this women's match is top 40 all time, I just like the image:

24455483-standard.jpeg

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Why do you claim that? I find Bret pretty properly rated, if not underrated in some areas.

He's his onw biggest mark. He has said that he has never missed dates ( he has no showed), he says that he has never injured anyone ( also not true). He was also champ during one of the WWF' down period's money-wise.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He's his onw biggest mark. He has said that he has never missed dates ( he has no showed), he says that he has never injured anyone ( also not true). He was also champ during one of the WWF' down period's money-wise.

While true, I don't really see the relevance. I don't think that people rate Bret Hart highly due to his sparkling personality or being one of the biggest draws ever.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I think Bret Hart is one of the top 20 Canadian or American wrestlers that has debuted since 1978.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I don't think any of this has anything to do with where people rank him. Btw, pretty sure he was the biggest international draw WWE has ever had. WWF's down period had nothing to do with Bret, it had a lot more to do with all the scandals they had at the time. Ratings were also a lot lower when Shawn Michaels was champ then they were with Bret as champ.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Okada/Omega matches are every bit as good. If you’ve never seen them watch them in order though.

Reactions: sabremike

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

To be honest I never was the biggest Bret Hart fan till he did his Anti America Angel in 97. All that being said when i see matches of his now you learn to appreciate the commitment level he put into making his matches look realistic

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
The time in which Bret was champion in WWF was a downtime for the entire industry. When you look at the numbers, Bret-headlined shows outdrew any other major wrestling shows at the time, including Hogan in WCW. Bret didn't draw much, but he still drew the most of anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad