THE 10,001st PROSPECT THREAD

jbb21

Feb 11, 2007
Washington Capitals

Patrick McNeill D: An article out of Saginaw said McNeill and the Caps were "close" to a deal.

Andreas Valdix F: I'll be very surprised if he signs.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
I know that Artem Kriukov will not be signed, and the Sabres are getting a 2nd rd. pick as compensation.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Washington Capitals

Patrick McNeill D: An article out of Saginaw said McNeill and the Caps were "close" to a deal.

Andreas Valdix F: I'll be very surprised if he signs.

there is not a chanse in hell that valdix gets signed by any NHL team. he is not even good enough for the SEL and he is allmost 23 years old. he will probably be back in the SEL soon and play on some teams fourth-line.

andimgone

Mar 19, 2004
Phoenix Coyotes:

Martin Hanzal (F) - not sure why he hasn't been signed yet
Pier-Olivier Pelletier (G) - likely to be signed
Anton Krysanov (F) - I don't know
Added: Dmitri Pestunov (F) - same as Krysanov

Anyone know how long teams have to get European prospects signed that were drafted under the old CBA?

Edit - Thanks for the info, montreal.

Last edited:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
why do they get a 2nd round compensation for him?

when your rights to a previous first round pick expire and you have failed to sign him you get a second round pick in the upcoming draft in compensation. its as simpel as that. thats why the draft sometimes has like 214 picks and not 210.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
when your rights to a previous first round pick expire and you have failed to sign him you get a second round pick in the upcoming draft in compensation. its as simpel as that. thats why the draft sometimes has like 214 picks and not 210.

that was in the old CBA. It don't think the compensatory picks still exist... but I'm not 100% sure. I may be confusing with the compensatory picks for losing some UFAs

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
that was in the old CBA. It don't think the compensatory picks still exist... but I'm not 100% sure. I may be confusing with the compensatory picks for losing some UFAs

but you still get compensation for guys that where drafted during the old cba.

Blue Dragon

Jan 27, 2007
Ohio
Colorado Avalanche

August 15
Brett Hemingway (NCAA: he was released from his Albany ATO, but I think we will sign him)
Mark McCutcheon (NCAA: No Idea if he will sign or not.)

June 1
Linus Videll (Sweden...since he resigned with his Swedish side, I think it's unlikely we will sign him)
Chris Durand (CHL fairly likely we will sign him for our Cleveland AHL affiliate starting next year)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone know how long teams have to get European prospects signed that were drafted under the old CBA?

All unsigned Euro draft picks had to be signed last summer up to an including the 2002 draft. This summer it's players from the '03 and '05 draft. It's '03 for the old cba and '05 for the new 2 year rule. But Russian draft picks that needed to be signed last summer (up to the '02 draft) were extended by 1 year due to the Russian Federation not signing the IIHF player transfer agreement. This was done by Bettman, so who knows what will happen this year if Russia doesn't sign the new PTA, since the old one expires this summer. Next summer it will be the last year for the old cba Euro picks, it will be for players from the '04 draft and '06 draft.

For the Habs they have several players to sign

From the '05 draft, Siarhei Kostitsyn and Juraj Mikus. Both should be signed, if London gets bounced shortly he could be signed and in Hamilton.

From the '03 draft for Euro draft picks, Christopher Heino-Lindberg and Oskari Korpikari. No clue what happens with either one. Both have been at development camps but with all the depth the Habs have in nets, perhaps they don't sign Heino and Korpikari they sure could use in Hamilton as they are thin on LD prospects but there hasn't been much talk about the teams plans for either of them.

The Habs also have 3 Russians that there deadline was extended last year. Konstantin Korneev, Andrei Kruchinin and Andrei Sidyakin. I don't think they will be able to get Korneev to come over and the team is a lot better off at RD, but it would be cool if they could get him at camp. That said I wouldn't be surprised if none of them were signed.

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
I believe Detroit needs to sign Grigorenko by the June 1st deadline.I read that they want to bring him over this season.I am not sure if they have other prospects that need to be signed.

jbb21

Feb 11, 2007
How do they do that? Do they add another pick to the round and if so where does that pick come in the round?

You get a second round pick exactly where your first round pick was. In other words the 15th overall pick would get you the the 45th overall or 15th pick in round 2.

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
I know that Artem Kriukov will not be signed, and the Sabres are getting a 2nd rd. pick as compensation.

Buffalo gets a second round pick for not signing a guy they drafted in 2000! Is there no limitation on how long you have a 1st round pick not signed or is this a special case because he is Russian and no agreement was signed?

Faktisti*

IF SOMEONE knows something about oskar osala, who plays in the OHL please tell me about him little bit, how season has gone, how many points has made?

thanks!

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
You get a second round pick exactly where your first round pick was. In other words the 15th overall pick would get you the the 45th overall or 15th pick in round 2.

thats exactly what happened with the oilers last year. They were able to pick Jeff Petry 45th overall because they were unable to sign 2002's 15th pick Jesse Niinimaki.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad