That's So Slavin's First Top 31 Ever

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
hey guys, I've been interested in the draft since 2014 and never actually posted a mock draft, so go easy on me lol. If there is good feedback I will look into doing team explanations, player explanations and other options for each team.

EDIT: I’m a leafs fan not a canes fan, I used tankathon and “that’s so Slavin” is a joke on the tv show “that’s so raven. “

1. Carolina Hurricanes: Alexis Lafreniere

the Canes move up an astonishing 14 spots to grab something they need, scoring. If they were to stay around their spot in the standings I can see them looking long and hard at Askarov.

Alexis has been #1 for the entire season (and before) and nothing will change that.

Also might look at: No one

2. Montreal Canadiens: Quinton Byfield

I can't see MB passing up on the 6'4 stud Center but anything is possible, I can also see him (slightly) reaching to grab someone like Raymond or Rossi because with MB you never know.

QB is a monster who can skate, plays a 200ft game and broke Stamkos' scoring record in the GTHL. Montreals need this big center.

Also might look at: Lucas Raymond (SHL), Marco Rossi (OHL)

3. Los Angeles: Jamie Drysdale

The last few LA drafts have been forward heavy (Turcotte, fagemo, thomas etc.) so I have them selecting a future top pairing RHD.

smoothing skating, high IQ make LA very happy with this pick. He will need to mature physically before playing any significant minutes but the Kings can afford to be patient with another fantastic RHD currently on the roster.

Also Might Look At: Tim Stutzle (DEL), Lucas Raymond (SHL), Marco Rossi (OHL)

4. Detroit Red Wings: Tim Stutzle

Detroit goes back to Germany for consecutive first round picks with the rising Tim Stutzle. I can see him moving to center too if the wings find him better suited for that position.

Shifty, crafty, elusive and high IQ makes this an easy pick; a huge riser and one of my personal favorite draft eligible players Detroit gets a solid contributor with the 4th overall pick.

5. New Jersey Devils: Lucas Raymond

The devils are pretty set on the back end with Smith, Bahl etc, and are set at center with Hischier and Hughes (unless you move Hughes to wing and have the ability to draft Byfield) so I have them taking a winger.

Raymond is crafty and has very high hockey IQ reminiscent of Marner, Kane etc. so he is a viable and great pick at 5th for the devils.

also might look at: Rossi (OHL), Askarov (KHL)

Ottawa: Marco Rossi (OHL)
Anaheim: Cole Perfetti (OHL)
Ottawa: Alex Holtz (SHL)
Buffalo: Anton Lundell (Liiga)
Minnesota: Askarov (KHL)
Winnipeg: Connor Zary (WHL)
Chicago: Dawson Mercer (QMJHL)
Nashville: Sanderson (USHL)
Rangers: Noel Gunler (SHL)
Philidelphia: Dylan Holloway (NCAA)

Honorable Mentions:
Hendrix Lappierre, Justin Barron, Yan Kuznetsov

Last edited:

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
I'm guessing you are a Canes fan. Makes astonishing sense they pick first lol.

haha no I’m actually a leafs fan, the whole “that’s so Slavin” is a joke on a tv show called “that’s so raven”, I used tankathon not determine the standings

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Funny how that worked out.

Rangers will 100% take a centre.

I’m a leafs fan not a canes fan, and that’s a good call, it’s probably the most barren position for prospects within the rangers system!

I appreciate the feedback!

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
hey guys, I've been interested in the draft since 2014 and never actually posted a mock draft, so go easy on me lol. If there is good feedback I will look into doing team explanations, player explanations and other options for each team.

EDIT: I’m a leafs fan not a canes fan, I used tankathon and “that’s so Slavin” is a joke on the tv show “that’s so raven. “

1. Carolina Hurricanes: Alexis Lafreniere

the Canes move up an astonishing 14 spots to grab something they need, scoring. If they were to stay around their spot in the standings I can see them looking long and hard at Askarov.

Alexis has been #1 for the entire season (and before) and nothing will change that.

Also might look at: No one

2. Montreal Canadiens: Quinton Byfield

I can't see MB passing up on the 6'4 stud Center but anything is possible, I can also see him (slightly) reaching to grab someone like Raymond or Rossi because with MB you never know.

QB is a monster who can skate, plays a 200ft game and broke Stamkos' scoring record in the GTHL. Montreals need this big center.

3. Los Angeles: Jamie Drysdale

The last few LA drafts have been forward heavy (Turcotte, fagemo, thomas etc.) so I have them selecting a future top pairing RHD.

smoothing skating, high IQ make LA very happy with this pick. He will need to mature physically before playing any significant minutes but the Kings can afford to be patient with another fantastic RHD currently on the roster.

Also Might Look At: Tim Stutzle (DEL), Lucas Raymond (SHL), Marco Rossi (OHL)

4. Detroit Red Wings: Tim Stutzle

Detroit goes back to Germany for consecutive first round picks with the rising Tim Stutzle. I can see him moving to center too if the wings find him better suited for that position.

Shifty, crafty, elusive and high IQ makes this an easy pick; a huge riser and one of my personal favorite draft eligible players Detroit gets a solid contributor with the 4th overall pick.

5. New Jersey Devils: Lucas Raymond

The devils are pretty set on the back end with Smith, Bahl etc, and are set at center with Hischier and Hughes (unless you move Hughes to wing and have the ability to draft Byfield) so I have them taking a winger.

Raymond is crafty and has very high hockey IQ reminiscent of Marner, Kane etc. so he is a viable and great pick at 5th for the devils.

also might look at: Rossi (OHL), Askarov (KHL)

Ottawa: Marco Rossi (OHL)
Anaheim: Cole Perfetti (OHL)
Ottawa: Alex Holtz (SHL)
Buffalo: Anton Lundell (Liiga)
Minnesota: Askarov (KHL)
Winnipeg: Connor Zary (WHL)
Chicago: Dawson Mercer (QMJHL)
Nashville: Sanderson (USHL)
Rangers: Noel Gunler (SHL)
Philidelphia: Dylan Holloway (NCAA)

Honorable Mentions:
Hendrix Lappierre, Justin Barron, Yan Kuznetsov
Wrong, I came back in time and Leafs win the 1st overall this season with their top 10 protected 1st.
good new's is Leafs DO win a cup. Bad is news I'm from the year 2133

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->