Post-Game Talk: That's how you backup goalie, James! Driedger is oustanding in 4-2 win over Canes

How does Florida play the post Christmas back-to-back

• Bobrovsky/Monty split

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:panthers

RrgaDOp.jpg

4SdiQ07.jpg

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
4183.jpg

#60 Chris Driedger
1-1-0 .942SV% 1.53GAA

:canes

LXB2zf3.jpg

kVMkDkn.jpg

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
3875.jpg

#34 Petr Mrazek
14-6-2 .906SV% 2.54GAA

Panthers last win in Carolina

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Florida has lost 5 in a row in Carolina and just passed their 4 year anniversary since their last win in Raleigh, and they are 12-35 with 2 ties since 2000 there. So 2nd of a b2b with an AHL goalie starting against a rested good team is a good chance to end that streak :sarcasm:

The backup goalie situation is interesting to me, Florida needs the 2 points vs Detroit but obviously any games vs the Habs are huge, assuming Driedger loses here I wonder if Monty (who isn't doing well in Springfield) gets another shot or they ride Bobrovsky/Driedger. If they do that, I would start Driedger vs the Wings. My #1 reference would be to start Bob for both, but that's probably a pipe dream...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So Carolina is thinking: “the Panthers are a tired team on a back to back, coming off a big win, not prepared emotionally, starting a subpar AHL goalie....easy win”.

(Okay, that’s what WE would think...)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Florida has lost 5 in a row in Carolina and just passed their 4 year anniversary since their last win in Raleigh, and they are 12-35 with 2 ties since 2000 there. So 2nd of a b2b with an AHL goalie starting against a rested good team is a good chance to end that streak :sarcasm:

The backup goalie situation is interesting to me, Florida needs the 2 points vs Detroit but obviously any games vs the Habs are huge, assuming Driedger loses here I wonder if Monty (who isn't doing well in Springfield) gets another shot or they ride Bobrovsky/Driedger. If they do that, I would start Driedger vs the Wings. My #1 reference would be to start Bob for both, but that's probably a pipe dream...
You know I plan to hold you onto the streaking thing if they win this game with Driedger in net :P:D

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I want Monty to start vs his hometown team but unless Driedger gets lit up I think he stays up.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Acciari with the same amount of hatties as Barkov and it took him only a week...give this man the C immediately :D

I hate playing Carolina cause I wish we were more like Carolina, I love how they dont fold like a cheap tent when s**t hits the fan. Already stressed out, jerks.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I would also start Bob. He wasnt overly busy last night. He will get a nice break after the Tampa game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad