Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They just need a humbler approach and to enjoy the underdog status instead of being bogged down by expectations when they're still learning to win in the playoffs. Expecting to win is great, but when you come out unprepared to play in 3 of the 7 games, feel a false sense of security in the third period of game seven, get distracted by a Bergeron injury, you're not ready to win.

I never had expectations they'd win. I chose Boston in the brackets. Being a fan doesn't have to mean leaving your wits at the door.

I'm looking forward to a healthy Matthews next year, and some additional grit in the line-up. Veterans let the team down (other than Marleau), the so called leaders of the team didn't lead. I don't place blame on the 20-21 year olds and excuse those on their 2nd. round of Boston misery.

Matthews wasn't ever the same after his 1st. injury this year, it was pretty clear to me he played most of the season at less than 100%.

Defensively, they are a mess and they really have no pillar on defense that you can lean on.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Matthews wasn't ever the same after his 1st. injury this year, it was pretty clear to me he played most of the season at less than 100%.

Yep, you could see that that explosive speed and heavy wrister wasn't there in the Boston series. I sure hope they figure out what is wrong with his back and fix it properly. I've had a bad back for 32 years and just this month I found out what was wrong with it, after going to countless Physio's and Cryo's and MD's finally I know what is wrong... sure hope that is not the case with Austin.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Yep, you could see that that explosive speed and heavy wrister wasn't there in the Boston series. I sure hope they figure out what is wrong with his back and fix it properly. I've had a bad back for 32 years and just this month I found out what was wrong with it, after going to countless Physio's and Cryo's and MD's finally I know what is wrong... sure hope that is not the case with Austin.

What was wrong? I have back issues too so I'm really curious. You can just pm me if you want to keep it private.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It definitely was a success, but the heightened expectations surrounding them may have been premature, which has coloured the experience of it.

Ya, remember all that talk and hyperbole about us winning it all in our "early window". LOL.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What was wrong? I have back issues too so I'm really curious. You can just pm me if you want to keep it private.

He called it dysfunction in my Gluteus Medius, thankfully its not constant pain, it's something that comes and goes, fortunately for me he told me its something that can be fixed with therapy. I think in layman's terms its just underdeveloped lower back muscles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad