Thatcher Demko vs Ilya Sorokin

Which one do you take going forward?

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If Demko doesn't blow him out something will be wrong. Demko blew out Shesterkin I believe and Shesterkin has proven more than Sorokin.

Edit: Maybe the poll wasn't a blow out just some passionate Demko fans said AINEC, I don't remember.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Taking Sorokin, him and Shestyorkin are almost equal IMO

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
It's hard to tell with Sorokin because the Islanders have two #1 goalies.
Ehh, Varlamov is good again because of the system he plays in; Isles really dont (normally) allow many shots at all

But I agree that Sorokin playing less games somewhat hides his talent a bit; I think Shestyorkin is slightly better but Sorokin is a stud too

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ehh, Varlamov is good again because of the system he plays in; Isles really dont (normally) allow many shots at all

But I agree that Sorokin playing less games somewhat hides his talent a bit; I think Shestyorkin is slightly better but Sorokin is a stud too

The same system also hides Sorokin's talent. The Rangers are the best they've been defensively in a while (other than the very beginning of the season last year), but they play a higher risk style so Shesterkin has to make more and higher level saves than Sorokin.

Reactions: HyperX

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still take Sorokin, but Demko is making it hard to argue that. His collection of truly "standing on his head" to bail out the team moments is getting pretty extensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad