Post-Game Talk (GBU): That should do it for Housley's tenure, right?

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Ullmark had some great saves in the first, but it's interesting that all but one of the goals scored by DET caught Ullmark moving laterally from post to post.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
It's strange how the exact same thing happens with every goalie in Buffalo..

...then they move on to another NHL team and instantly become elite.
Lehner and.....? And it's likely this is going to be his career season. "Every goalie" is more than a big stretch.

Buffalo had mostly been blessed with good to great goaltending for two+ decades until these last few years.

Reactions: Eichel9

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I think Andrew Allen might be the worst goaltending coach in the NHL. When the Sabres goalies stumble they don't snap out of it. Allen is supposed to be monitoring them and helping them fix their mechanics.

This might be for real folks!!! Hutton was much stronger when he entered the organization and his skill is way down, Ullmark too. This is not good because it means we can take a good goalie and make them bad (Lehner whisper's "God **** right!"). Bring in Tre White before we ruin these goalies!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Lehner and.....? And it's likely this is going to be his career season. "Every goalie" is more than a big stretch.

Buffalo had mostly been blessed with good to great goaltending for two+ decades until these last few years.

They were also blessed with great goaltending coaches

Corsi - 2001 to 2014
Mitch Korn - During the Hasek years

Reactions: Rasmi

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm not sure you needed the highlighter though lol

I've not been an Ullmark fan since day 1.He used to fall forward all the time and that goal tonight it looked like he just tried to get his head out of the path of the puck because...he was falling forward. We picked Hutton up in f/a last year and I'm sure we can pick up someone much better than Linus at a reasonable number.

Yep.

Yep

Why are you trolling us? And with the time change from you are no less. Really man? Piss off.

I have 6677 post on HF...mostly on this board. +1600 likes. I've been a Sabre fan since 1970. Yeah, I was actually alive then and have weathered the absolute worst from this organization.

So when game day arrived yesterday and I wasn't even aware that the team was playing, I checked in here, in my most cynical and sarcastic way, to get a quick run down on what happened. A number of posters handled it a whole lot better than you did.

Don't like it? Complain to the moderators. Or better yet, ignore me. I don't even owe you this explanation but hope that maybe you might figure out a better place and way to best direct your anger.....

P.S. You are absolutely correct about Ullmark. After watching the highlights, I am very disappointed in him and agree that he's likely not an answer for the club's goaltending woes.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Danny O with a great goal they gave him all the time in the world and paid the price.
Derp; Wrong thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->