Post-Game Talk (GBU): That should do it for Housley's tenure, right?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Loved the late storm
Olofsson's pass
4th line was November 4th line
Mittelstadt
Scandella
Effort was up when the comeback was on

B
Ullmark
Dahlin
Reinhart
Eichel faceoffs the last like 30 games. 28% tonight.

U
This has to be the last straw for Housley, right? Of course it won't be. Nothing matters apparently.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Housley has more straws than the Sabres play games a season
We may have an alternate definition for the Sabres dictionary of straw man.

strawman.png

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
I don't see Housley getting fired until the end of the season. What's the point of doing it now?

Then again, what is the point of anything for the Buffalo Sabres?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If people here are serious about the billboard idea count me in for $50. Hiring Q and firing Housley is a no brainer. At this point I would take Lindy back over Housley coming back in year 3.

Olofsson and Nylander give me hope.

Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Montour, Risto, the 2019 top 10 pick, 2019 top 25 pick, Mitts, Nylander, Olofsson, Samuelsson and Pilut is a very good 25 under core. This team showed the talent is there. We just need better coaching and goaltending throughout the entire season to actually succeed.

A major positive is our offense improved leaps and bounds. Best offensive production since 10-11 our last playoff season. Next season they will hit the 3 gpg mark.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
If people here are serious about the billboard idea count me in for $50. Hiring Q and firing Housley is a no brainer. At this point I would take Lindy back over Housley coming back in year 3.

Olofsson and Nylander give me hope.

Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Montour, Risto, the 2019 top 10 pick, 2019 top 25 pick, Mitts, Nylander, Olofsson, Samuelsson and Pilut is a very good 25 under core. This team showed the talent is there. We just need better coaching and goaltending throughout the entire season to actually succeed.

A major positive is our offense improved leaps and bounds. Best offensive production since 10-11 our last playoff season. Next season they will hit the 3 gpg mark.

Yea if we just had a coach that knew what to do with it and If we didn’t surround it with players that don’t produce. McCabe, scandala, bogosian, nelson, larsson, girgensons, wilson, okposo, pominville, Sheary, and Sobotka bring very little. At most, a few bring something specific that could be useful.

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa
We have lost 14 of our last 16 games and there is a very solid chance we dont win again this NHL season.

I'm not really questioning whether Housley should be fired at this point because it should be a given. I'm more or less questioning managements incompetence to fix this trainwreck in January and instead let it turn into this pathetic garbage. This is the most embarrassing finish to a season as I have ever seen.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
10-23-4 since new years. A whopping 24 out of a possible 74 points. If we even just went 18-14-5 since 1/1 (still more losses then wins) this team would be in a playoff spot. Winning 18 of 37 after new years was something easily attainable and they blew it. When you win 2 games in March you cannot bring back Phailure Housley.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I'm going to need a Zapruder film style breakdown to understand why Ullmark was *falling over* as that #$%^&@* plug put the shot over him in OT...and it was like...halfway up the net, it's not like he picked a corner.

Regardless - who can even give a [care] anymore? Better draft position is all we can hope for. But it doesn't matter, the organization will screw it up. The sign above the Sabres locker room says "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate" and the boys all tap it before walking down the tunnel before each game.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
What the actual f*** was Ullmark doing on the GWG? (Phil still here? Still not watching...saw a replay on nhl.com)

Reactions: Rasmi

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm going to need a Zapruder film style breakdown to understand why Ullmark was *falling over* as that #$%^&@* plug put the shot over him in OT...and it was like...halfway up the net, it's not like he picked a corner.

I think Andrew Allen might be the worst goaltending coach in the NHL. When the Sabres goalies stumble they don't snap out of it. Allen is supposed to be monitoring them and helping them fix their mechanics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->