Post-Game Talk (GBU): That one hurts

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Sam must've read my GDT post lol

"Can we just start calling them 'Goalie' until one of them runs with it? (if ever). There really shouldnt be any favortisim towards either."

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
So you want him to be McDavid...
He doesn't need to score 2 points every game. Not making stupid low IQ forced plays every time the team goes down by a goal would be a good start. Don't get me wrong I don't see him as a problem right now. My initial comment was sincere that those 15 or so games were a blast to watch and I would love to be able to enjoy that at least once a week.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
G: Skinner

B: not nearly enough heart in this team to see it through to the end.

U: as sad as it is to say, after 50 yrs of supporting this team, the wife and I are considering supporting the Avalanche. I know, I know, we've heard the negative from so many. But, we both feel we've earned the right to select a team where our personal views on where they are headed would be acceptable.
This is not a final decision, but, we are seriously considering it. Bare in mind before you pass judgement, the wife and I have been Sabres faithful since the 70's, myself since the team was created, she followed suit in 74, we were so young, I was 5, she was 4. But the time has come, after all these decades, for at least the chance to cheer on a cup win.
As I said, we are seriously considering it.
You could not have chosen a team more identical to the current Sabres

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
It might be time to find another hobby.

U: as sad as it is to say, after 50 yrs of supporting this team, the wife and I are considering supporting the Avalanche. I know, I know, we've heard the negative from so many. But, we both feel we've earned the right to select a team where our personal views on where they are headed would be acceptable.
This is not a final decision, but, we are seriously considering it. Bare in mind before you pass judgement, the wife and I have been Sabres faithful since the 70's, myself since the team was created, she followed suit in 74, we were so young, I was 5, she was 4. But the time has come, after all these decades, for at least the chance to cheer on a cup win.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Colorado has fallen just like the Sabres from the standings....they really aren't much different.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
lulz at hopping aboard the Avs train, i have COL buddies who HATE where theyre heading. They want to give away Barie like some want to move Risto here, 1 line team, like us with shot out goaltending. Varly is cashed. Its not even a definite upgrade with their farm.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018

No one cares.

The only thing you are trading in for the Avs is the fact they've already won cups. They're in a similar position to us, maybe they have some more upside with Mackinnon but that's about it lol.

At some point in life you might need to realize that your sports team might not win it all in your lifetime. If you can't deal with that then I don't know how you can deal with life.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
“Except for how they played for 1/8th of the season they are the same” is not a super compelling take. How do they compare if you throw out this year’s worst 10 game stretch?

How do they compare if you also throw out last seasons’ best 10 game stretch to be fair?

Take out Buffalos’ best game stretch a 5-4-1 and they would be Less then where we are right now.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It might be time to find another hobby.
Why? Because you don't like the response?
My son's and I played on the pond in the backyard for years. My daughters and I still do. Are you saying because I disapprove of the Sabres play I should just walk away from a sport I love with all of my heart?
Why is it so hard for someone to except that maybe a change of venue in so far as the product supported, may not be unhealthy and actually nay be helpful and healthful for a 50 yr fan?

jucebox

Feb 7, 2019
My son's and I played on the pond in the backyard for years. My daughters and I still do. Are you saying because I disapprove of the Sabres play I should just walk away from a sport I love with all of my heart?
Why is it so hard for someone to except that maybe a change of venue in so far as the product supported, may not be helpful and healthful for a 50 yr fan?
See you on saturday!

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Why is it so hard for someone to except that maybe a change of venue in so far as the product supported, may not be unhealthy and actually nay be helpful and healthful for a 50 yr fan?
Just do more research before latching to the Avs.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You could not have chosen a team more identical to the current Sabres
I told Tammy that, even LOL'd. But in the end, their future looks better, and Tammy, for all her shortcomings, particularly choosing me, lol, she see's the Western Conference...……………………...so do I.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
In all honesty, I hope this doesn't f*** Linus up. I guarantee you if he get's in the right head space and have people playing in front of him that are playing actual defense then he can have stellar games.

jucebox

Feb 7, 2019
In all honesty, I hope this doesn't **** Linus up. I guarantee you if he get's in the right head space and have people playing in front of him that are playing actual defense then he can have stellar games.
I think so too, but also this game should get in his head a little bit. He's not faultless even though other weaknesses on the roster are more glaring

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
Phil has to be gone, right?
One would hope. As far as mutinies go though this is rather tame, if they were calling out Phil directly I would have more faith that he would be canned.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
No one cares.

The only thing you are trading in for the Avs is the fact they've already won cups. They're in a similar position to us, maybe they have some more upside with Mackinnon but that's about it lol.

At some point in life you might need to realize that your sports team might not win it all in your lifetime. If you can't deal with that then I don't know how you can deal with life.
At nearly 50 yrs old, successfully having raised 3 of 4 children, I don't believe my love for hockey, or the the Sabres has anything to do with my dealing with life...……………….but hey, I could be wrong. Enlighten me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad