TV: That 70's Show

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
Its greatest contribution to the history of television is probably in providing the genesis for the terrible and mercifully brief That 80's Show, a minor gravitational blip in the fabric of tv comedies that sent Glenn Howerton on a trajectory to It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The most memorable episode, for me, was the Dine and Dash one. Great episode with an amazing ending.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
One of the greatest shows growing up.

Absolutely ****ing HILARIOUS.

You know it was a good show when the majority of the cast went on to become pretty big names for themselves.

Kelso was a LEGEND in this show.

Topher Grave has been mostly useless

Wilder hasn't been that great.

Mila, yeah.

Ashton, yeah

Prepon, no

Masterson was kind of somewhat known before then.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I agree the first couple of seasons were solid.

The whole Donna and Eric thing was always annoying though.

By season 4 I had grown tired of it though. I watched until Eric left. Even though I never cared for Grace, I really couldn't stand the guy playing Casey.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol apparently according to Mila Kunis's Facebook page the cast is talking about a potential reunion. If the post got 200,000 likes they were going to get serious about it.

Unhealthy Scratch

Auston 4:16
Mar 15, 2016

For all season 5's flaws, the whole arc of Kitty's menopause and Red, instead of his usual indignant self, just being totally defeated made for some of the most hilarious moments in the series.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Watching for the first time I really enjoyed it but after multiple viewings I liked it far less.

Sep 19, 2008
Kurt wood Smith was also a hardass in Robocop. And in twenty four he played that rough senator.

Joutsen05

Jul 24, 2011
I've actually been rewatching it on Netflix for a while now, I'm almost done the final season.

I agree it gets worse as it goes on but it's not as bad as people say it is IMO.

Donna and Eric I never found to be likeable characters. They provide basic plot elements like relationship troubles etc while Red, Kitty, and especially Kelso provide all the laughs and essentially steal the show. As the show gets weaker over time these three characters remain strong IMO.

Eric's year off was very annoying, how he "needed to get out of Point Place" but had no skills or motivation was annoying too. Donnas flaky dedication to feminism was also annoying. Their relationship was a pain to watch. Donna being simultaneously referred to as "the hottest girl in Point Place" and a "lumberjack ogre" was frustrating.

There were some continuity errors, but not as bad as other shows. Overall I thought the storylines from individual seasons meshed together quite well.

Jackie and Kelsos relationship was hilarious, Jackie gets less likeable over time. Hyde gets more likeable as the seasons go on. Fez has his moments but I never understood the hype. Leo remains one of my favorite supporting characters ever. Donnas dad is very unlikeable at first but grows on you over time - the fact that he is so weird but gets all the ladies is hilarious.

Agree with the previous posters who said the panties scene was the best. IMO it's by far the funniest scene in the whole series. I also loved the episode where Leo and the guy from Home Improvement "renovate" the Foremans basement.

All in all not a bad show, good for some laughs.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I remember really enjoying the first few seasons of the show. In retrospect, I think it dropped off somewhere around season 5.

I love the whole panties episode too; one of my favorites. I loved when Hyde taught Jackie to be zen too.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Was one of my favorite shows back in the day, at least the first few seasons. Watched recently on Netflix and Pop and still enjoyed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad