Thanks to U.S.A and Czech Republic for a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

this is a little late but could'nt get to computer until today.That game was kick ass,especially the third but even the first two were nice chess match periods.It's a great example of how when hockey is played with top level intensity and fire it's the best game in the world and not much comes even close. Both teams really competed and top notch play resulted. I was at a bar in Calgary and everyone in the place was on the edge of their seats with every shot,pass, and hit.I'd be remiss without saying Canadian fans sometimes get a bad rap when i see scenes like that.Where else would they even show a game without the home national team playing let alone have everyone in the bar going nuts over the game? Just great hockey fans.

Avery4Byng*

I would like to thank the USA for the funniest 2 games I have seen in a while. Mad props to Belarus. Theyre clutch.

espo*

Funny or not,that last game was a beauty,any hockey fan would appreciate that one...very exciting game,back and forth,up and down with dandy play and thrililng momentum shifts.I thoroughly enjoyed it and i was'nt alone.

espo*

You're from Hawkesbury eh? I'm from just down the road in St.Peter's....practically neighbors.Well,i live in cowtown now.Must be pretty quiet down there now right?winter's not the best time to live in our area......too damn quiet.And yes...i won't be missing the U.S games either...for entertainment and to judge their play in case we play them.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I would like to thank ESPN for showing the game..oh wait thats right they didnt. They could have tape delayed the game to air at 11:00pm but instead CLASSIC Football was more important.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
cyclops said:
You're from Hawkesbury eh? I'm from just down the road in St.Peter's....practically neighbors.Well,i live in cowtown now.Must be pretty quiet down there now right?winter's not the best time to live in our area......too damn quiet.And yes...i won't be missing the U.S games either...for entertainment and to judge their play in case we play them.
Yes the beautiful Hawk, 10 degrees and sunny today which will not last long. Calgary is perhaps a little more lively than St.Peters.

espo*

It sure is....it isn't New York for entertainment but i'ts a good city...people are pretty friendly for a city of one million. I miss the ocean a lot however.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
tray said:
I would like to thank the USA for the funniest 2 games I have seen in a while. Mad props to Belarus. Theyre clutch.

I'm not really sure I understand the hatred of the American team, but I should point out that

a) every team has a bad tournament. Russia had one last year, Canada's had them recently. The US will bounce back. AND.

b)it's not over, yet. Playing Cory Schneider was, in hindsite, a bad move..and was probably the difference in the game. The Americans played a MUCH better game against the Czechs, and beating Sweden could get them\their confidence back on track.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I'm not really sure I understand the hatred of the American team, but I should point out that

a) every team has a bad tournament. Russia had one last year, Canada's had them recently. The US will bounce back. AND.

b)it's not over, yet. Playing Cory Schneider was, in hindsite, a bad move..and was probably the difference in the game. The Americans played a MUCH better game against the Czechs, and beating Sweden could get them\their confidence back on track.
I certainly do not hate the team, i find their turnovers and bad goaltending worth watching, you never know what they will do next. I try to stay clear of bashing coaches but Sandelin's insistence on playing Likens with Suter is hurting Suter. Likens is a turnover machine and is going forward when he should be going backwards. Lee has looked like he is trembling and he probably is. There had to be better D men in the mix for this team. The goaltending , well.... he pretty much had to select Montoya and there was hope that Schneider would be decent but now they have no options, not like two years ago when Howard was weak and Goepfert came off the bench and was unreal. Not happening this year- the year of the underperforming goalies. USA could still win tonite, hell they could end up in the finals yet.

Heimy

Feb 28, 2002
I was just here
Visit site
cyclops said:
this is a little late but could'nt get to computer until today.That game was kick ass,especially the third but even the first two were nice chess match periods.It's a great example of how when hockey is played with top level intensity and fire it's the best game in the world and not much comes even close. Both teams really competed and top notch play resulted. I was at a bar in Calgary and everyone in the place was on the edge of their seats with every shot,pass, and hit.I'd be remiss without saying Canadian fans sometimes get a bad rap when i see scenes like that.Where else would they even show a game without the home national team playing let alone have everyone in the bar going nuts over the game? Just great hockey fans.

Thanks for a great post! I listened to the stream and knew I was missing a good one. After reading your post, I wish I could have bought you a beer and watched with you. :)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
cyclops said:
I'm holding you in on the other side in Donkin....right outside Glace Bay. Quite a few CB'ers on this site actually.

espo*

Heimy said:
Thanks for a great post! I listened to the stream and knew I was missing a good one. After reading your post, I wish I could have bought you a beer and watched with you. :)
Would have enjoyed that...thanks man.I had a blast Thursday night...perfect drinking game.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
cyclops said:

It's too bad nobody in America got to see it because ****ing ESPN wanted to show poker instead... we didn't even get it on tape delay!

espo*

Jason MacIsaac said:
I'm holding you in on the other side in Donkin....right outside Glace Bay. Quite a few CB'ers on this site actually.
Yeah there is eh? It's good to se them,wish i could have been home for Christmas but it's just too damn expensive to fly home at X-mas.The airlines just soak you at this time of year.

espo*

Accord said:
It's too bad nobody in America got to see it because ****ing ESPN wanted to show poker instead... we didn't even get it on tape delay!
That sucks,trust me....it was a beauty.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
cyclops said:
That sucks,trust me....it was a beauty.
Aw man, AND Olesz got 2 goals too, 1 EN but still, he had 2 and I really wanted to see him play. Unless Canada loses to Czechs which I am skeptical about but there could be a big upset, I won't get to see Olesz play 1 game and I think everyone here knows that I really like Olesz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->