Tidbits: Thanks to GopherState!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Thank you GopherState. I wouldn't be posting here today without your work. When I first lurked on HFBoards the Wild board was a sad and lonely place.

...and don't stop posting now either, even if you can't make a one-man-GDT anymore!

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Gopher, it's been a pleasure. I know you and I have always had an unspoken connection. I felt it too. Thanks for the memories. Good luck.

And for old time's sake,

giphy.gif

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
This is almost like hearing your own eulogy! :laugh:

RIP :(

Although it kind of is, this thread is flattering. This place isn't about me modding or not modding. It's about the giant community we've all built together. There are a lot of passionate fans, solid analysis, probing insight all mixed with the inside jokes that come up on occasion. You can get a lot of those in other places on the internet, but there isn't anywhere you can get them all. That's a testament to everyone.

The 1 man GDT is funny (and it's a good place to stop off given that one was at the one Winter Olympics and this is the start of another - then again, Minnesota does play Calgary that same date on the other side), but only because of what it spurred. By itself the thread is sad. I'm just glad that at the end of the day - even if we don't all agree on things in a cordial manner - the "there are no Wild fans on HF" stereotype doesn't exist anymore.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Thanks for your contributions, GS. I have been here a long time and you certainly were instrumental in getting this forum going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad