Thanks Tavares

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Tavares signing with the Leaf should ensure our extra second round pick next year will be high. The Tatar deal looks better all the time.

Now let's add a few more picks from AA, Nyquist, and Glendenning.

Who will get moved this year?

Reactions: Henkka

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I believe they can only retain two salaries at a time.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
This is correct. I would save my retention slots for trade deadline deals involving Nyquist (and maybe Howard) in order to maximize their return. I wouldn't rush into retaining salary on players with term, given how much it limits your options for other deals.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Well Frk, Helm, Gus, Witter, Are all replaceable by younger cheaper kids in our system, I don't know if Kronwall can make it another full season, I don't think we see a big shake up till next off season.

Habib21

Jun 23, 2015
I expect Nyquist to get traded but not until the deadline..... probably more value at that point so long as he's healthy. Athanasiou probably won't get traded now that Vanek is back to help his stats..... and doubt anyone would take any of our defenseman other than Daley who is a low cost solid d-man.

Howard is doubtful to be moved..... I would wager money on him being extended before being traded. But for less AAV...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't think we'll see Ericsson or Daley moved. Kronwall will retire after this year, Jensen will be allowed to walk or brought back dirt cheap, and those will be the two spots Hronek/Cholo/Saarijarvi/etc. will be fighting for in 19/20. Ericsson and Daley will be kept to be vet depth at that point.

This year, it'll (predictably) be Nyquist and Vanek because their deals are expiring, maybe Howard but I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-signed to split time with Bernier for another year or two.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
so pumped for getting that sweet sweet conditional 7th from moving Vanek after he blocks a deal or two with his NTC

Reactions: njx9

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
While, on a certain level, I can understand having one more year of mediocre vets getting their teeth kicked in, instead of the kids that aren't quite ready...

It's a lousy feeling, that the vast majority of the upcoming season simply won't provide much of a reason to watch.

If it was Rasmussen and Zadina right from the jump, I might be curious how they handled it, regardless of how many losses piled up. If Hronek was a lock to play 60+ games, I'd wanna know how he does, even if they team was in the basement of the standings. But Vanek the sequel? Green the sequel? They could each score 60 points, and I still wouldn't want to watch them, because they're just placeholders. Stopgaps. Artificial life support, meant to keep the coma patient breathing until the new organs hopefully take hold, and the genuine recovery begins.

If Olympia Entertainment can make a buck by convincing a few thousand poor saps to shell out season tickets on a "competitive team", kudos to them...I guess. But ultimately it's just another year of bad bad hockey, with very few pearls amidst all the swine.

More power to any of you who can stomach it enough to tune in regularly. But wake me when they're done killing time, because debating things online is as far as I go until then.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
But wake me when they're done killing time, because debating things online is as far as I go until then.

Pretty sure you were one of the people advocating for short term vets to fill roster spots while the team sucks and loses a lot. Hope you can handle it for at least another five years. :)

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

I'm not sure why but this is something many on this forum believe even though it isn't true. The limit is three players and it has been done before.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
so pumped for getting that sweet sweet conditional 7th from moving Vanek after he blocks a deal or two with his NTC

Vanek waived his contract last time just fine, so this comment is unnecessary.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I think the highest likelihood is that Jensen and Nyquist go to contenders before the deadline.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I hope they trade Nyquist for conditional 2 rounder team like Vancouver or islanders and I hope he will have very good season

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I would trade Nyquist to LA for 2020+2021 2nd rounders.

Another team which could drop on the Standings in becoming years.

Chicago 2nd rounders would also be welcomed.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I hope they trade Nyquist for conditional 2 rounder team like Vancouver or islanders and I hope he will have very good season

Well we already have the Islanders 2nd and Nyquist is probably worth a 1st... Especially for a full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->