Thanks Jets, what a ride

Teemus Salami

Sep 28, 2017
After being an observer on here all season I figured this would be a good time to finally start posting.

Just wanted to say regardless of the final outcome, this was a fantastic all around year for a team I've loved since the early thrasher days. Far beyond my expectations and with a young team I'm sure many more to come.

Also thanks to all on these boards for the updates, GDTs, and interesting takes. It's been a wild ride, I hope when all the dust settles everyone can agree this year was a resounding success.

Here's hoping the Hockey News knows what its talking about. Go jets go in 2018-2019!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Was a great season in-spite of the disappointing ending. I know many are upset at the way we went out but that's the reality of being a fan of a competitive sports team, it will be heartache more often than not which is why it is esp important to savour all the wins... even the regular season wins.

I have been critical of Chevy and co over the last few years but I have virtually no complaints for them this season.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Like everyone else I'm feeling the disappointment. But stepping back this was an outstanding season. I started out just hoping they would find a way to the playoffs and instead we experienced a top tier contender make it to the conference finals. We aren't quite there yet, but so much young talent still developing. The future is very bright.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Was a great season in-spite of the disappointing ending. I know many are upset at the way we went out but that's the reality of being a fan of a competitive sports team, it will be heartache more often than not which is why it is esp important to savour all the wins... even the regular season wins.

I have been critical of Chevy and co over the last few years but I have virtually no complaints for them this season.
Hear hear!!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Like everyone else I'm feeling the disappointment. But stepping back this was an outstanding season. I started out just hoping they would find a way to the playoffs and instead we experienced a top tier contender make it to the conference finals. We aren't quite there yet, but so much young talent still developing. The future is very bright.

Well said. This is still and incredibly young team that is still developing and learning how to win. They took a big step forward this season.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My only disappointment is that I will not be able to get the sweet juicy odds on the Jets to win like I got this year, but that's only a good thing because let's face it, the team is for real and will be for a while.

Pfn6dAo.jpg

And to all of you, even the people I butted heads with early and often:

9laRik9.jpg

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets had a great season even though it's hard to see it come to an end when we got so far into the playoffs. It was a blast to see so much excitement in the city with so many people wearing their Jets gear and all the white out street parties. It was also pretty cool seeing the transit buses flashing the 'GO JETS GO' on their electronic route signage. We really are the best fans in the league!

One thing I do know for sure, I really don't want to hear - "there's always next year". Leaf fans have been saying that for 50 years since their last Stanley Cup win. The thought of going through another 82 game grind in order to qualify for the playoffs again seems like a daunting task and something not many of us want to think about right now.

I want the Jets to spend some time over the next few months focusing on how to counter the opposition playing style once we got down a goal (against both Nashville and Vegas). It seemed we just couldn't get any kind of sustained pressure once we fell behind. Aside from that, it was impressive that they were able to win 3 of 4 in Nashville.

It was nice that we were able to get a monkey off our back in a few aspects such as: 1) never reaching the 100 point plateau at season's end. 2) never winning a playoff game in franchise history. 3) never winning a playoff series. 4) never advancing past the second round in the playoffs. We never have to listen to the detractors about those things from now on.

Looking forward to watching the Jets progress and get better on every level. Cheers to all Jets fans. :cheers:

:jets

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Completely exhilarating regular season and playoffs. I'm bummed for the guys (and myself) but I enjoyed every bit of this season, they delivered in a big way. I have a lot of faith in this team going forward, it's going to very exciting to watch.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Don't sully yourselves, folks. I picked up 5 points earlier for responding in kind to the trolling, learn from my lesson ;)

More mood music, for the boys in white and blue:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great run....I was pissed off for about 15 minutes but we ran into an incredibly hot goalie so what can you do.....now I feel blessed for the amazing season. This was so different than the last six seasons and I just didn’t want it to end. Thank you to TNSE and the Jets....that was a hell of a ride!

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Any word on injuries that Jets players were playing through? I know in 2015, the announced shortly after the series ended that some players were playing with sprains or even in Trouba's case a broken wrist (?)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great run....I was pissed off for about 15 minutes but we ran into an incredibly hot goalie so what can you do.....now I feel blessed for the amazing season. This was so different than the last six seasons and I just didn’t want it to end. Thank you to TNSE and the Jets....that was a hell of a ride!

Given how young and talented our core is I feel this might have been the final lesson that it needed to learn to ascend to being the next Blackhawks. I am pretty excited to see what happens with this group next season. Buff and Wheeler should still be good and the kids should be better and another year more experienced.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Go to the beginning of the season, the first 2 games, how did you feel, the season continue's and by American Thanksgiving we are in a playoff spot, how did you feel, winter settle's in and the Jets are playing well slowly we move up the standings playoffs are going to happen, how do you feel, playoffs made 114 points, how do you feel, first round win then second win, how do you feel, third round loss the Jets gave everything they could, how do you feel, from where we started to where it ended we went from sad to excited to sad but this team gave everyone a ride that has never been experienced by the city or the fans of this team in the NHL. This is the first year since they came back that I realized what the process was and meant. What a great great year GJG.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Given how young and talented our core is I feel this might have been the final lesson that it needed to learn to ascend to being the next Blackhawks. I am pretty excited to see what happens with this group next season. Buff and Wheeler should still be good and the kids should be better and another year more experienced.

That reminds me, I believe the Hawks lost to the Red Wings in the conference final the year before they won their first Cup.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That reminds me, I believe the Hawks lost to the Red Wings in the conference final the year before they won their first Cup.

That they did. The Pens lost in the first round to the Stanley cup finalist Sens their first year in in the Crosby era and then to the Wings in the cup finals the year after. You just have to learn from your failures.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It sure was a fun season and the city was nuts once the playoffs started.
This young team played great all year and took a huge step forward.
I want to tip my hat to Chevy for putting this team together with his draft and develop plan. Winnipeg isn’t a destination that most players are drawn to and Chevy has done everything possible to make this team a contender despite the long odds that come with a small market Canadian prairie NHL team.
Well done management.
Well done players.
I was hoping for a Stanley Cup win for my 91 year old father who has been a hugely dedicated Jets fan since they joined the WHA. Not this year I guess. I hope he gets to see them win it next year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad