Thank you Thomas Vanek

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Best of luck to him. Talented, and another player that will probably go on to do great things, after he leaves the team. (See: Andreychuk, Barrasso, Hasek, etc. etc.)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks Tom! It's been entertaining since the NCAA's here in town until now. Cool to see him and Grabner on the same team.

Paradigm

Feb 29, 2008
Vanek, Tavares, Grabner, Bailey, Nielson, Okposo is a pretty solid Top 6; definitely good for the Islanders

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
TV must be thrilled.

He gets to live near one of the greatest cities in the world AND play with one of the league's stars.

It'll be interesting to see how TV & JT do on the same line, if that ends up happening.

...and the Sabres get more pieces for their future.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I became mature enough to really start following hockey in 2003 and was really excited when he got drafted. for better or worse one of the most consistent top-flight players of that timeframe was a Buffalo Sabre and I'm glad I got to see him play live so many times.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
He my favorite player of all time but I get it. I understand why I had to be done. I thank him for the memories and will continue to rock the jerseys with pride!

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
The frozen four you dominated was one of my favorite moments at the bank/marine midland ever.

A natural goalscorer to say the least. The best Sabre I've seen in terms of magic stick deflecting shots with perfection.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
It's sad for me as a long-time hockey fan because Vanek represented the last remnant of the time when the Sabres had Briere, Hecht, Afinogenov, Connolly, Pominville, Kotalik, Drury, Roy, Paille, Gaustad, Dumont... the deepest crop of forwards in the league. How things change over seven seasons.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Probably by favorite Sabre of all time aside from Hasek. Both me and my wife own Home/away Vanek jerseys and will still wear them proudly! We will miss you! I am so happy he went to the Isles since I have a man crush on Johnny T. I cannot wait to watch the highlights of those two this year! If he stays there or goes to the Wild I don't mind either teams and will still support Tom.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's sad for me as a long-time hockey fan because Vanek represented the last remnant of the time when the Sabres had Briere, Hecht, Afinogenov, Connolly, Pominville, Kotalik, Drury, Roy, Paille, Gaustad, Dumont... the deepest crop of forwards in the league. How things change over seven seasons.

Keep nasty, stank-ass Connlolly out of the Vanek thank you thread!

GET THESE TRANSACTION FEES. OUT OF MOI KITCHEN. IM BEING PUNISHED. FA DUING MAW BUSINESS !

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Will definitely go down as one of my favourite Sabres of all-time, simply had that ability to catch fire in certain stretches and look like one of the best forwards in the league. Disappointing end to his career in Buffalo, but I'm sure he'll find lots of $$$ and hopefully some success with the Islanders or whoever else (Wild...)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Probably by favorite Sabre of all time aside from Hasek. Both me and my wife own Home/away Vanek jerseys and will still wear them proudly! We will miss you! I am so happy he went to the Isles since I have a man crush on Johnny T. I cannot wait to watch the highlights of those two this year! If he stays there or goes to the Wild I don't mind either teams and will still support Tom.

hey Miller and Stafford and to a lesser extent Kaletaare still here lol...keep fighting the good fight and who knows maybe we will resign Tallinder for 2-4 more? JK but seriously tonight I watched my "Better Days 06-07" Sabres DVD in honor of vanek and it hit me how far this team has come and/or fallen...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

I have a home and a slug and and now mad cuz all I have left are an ennis 40th(meh bad decision), a Myers away(jurys out) and a Foligno home(idc ill wear it proudly lol)

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
All the best to him, great player, nice person, underrated leader.

I think he might just completely explode playing with Tavares.

Also, duddy, don't move to the Isles board now kthnxbai.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Genuinely gutted, my favourite player for an era, at least since Drury departed. Hate losing top quality players because of the situation of the team, no matter how much sense it might make in the bigger picture.

Thanks for everything.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
:(

My favorite Sabre for the last bunch of years, going to miss him on the team. Happy he is finally getting a chance to play with a top flight, bonafide, elite center.

(it's funny how butthurt Ranger & Wild fans are about this)

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
:(

My favorite Sabre for the last bunch of years, going to miss him on the team. Happy he is finally getting a chance to play with a top flight, bonafide, elite center.

(it's funny how butthurt Ranger & Wild fans are about this)

Any Ranger fan that's actually competent isn't. They have almost no cap money. Vanek never was going to Manhattan because of that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad