Thank you Swedish Head Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
How come we beat you then? And of course you have the biggest talent pool when you have more registered players than all countries in Europe put together.

I do put Canada on a "pedestal", they are the best hockey nation in the world. Why are you bringing that up, when did I ever say otherwise?:help:

The best season an NHL team has ever had was 8 losses, accomplished by the Habs in the seventies. I suppose there were:laugh: somewhere between 5 and 8 teams saying, How come we beat you? :laugh: That's how silly your statement sounds. How come Sweden has won ZERO golds in 30 years? That's a much better question.

MugenSilverSiR

Jun 30, 2008
It's in poor taste trying to rub this in. The comments are nothing, a Canadian coach can say that and no one bats an eyelash.

By no means was this a "rub this in". As a fan of hockey and a fan of Canada, it left a bad taste in my mouth that he should say something as dumb as that. It's more or less like a taunt. I said that it was more of a motivation to face Sweden again in the finals. It would have been a great rematch so the coach can see up close once again the calibre that he might have missed. Please read before commenting. Secondly why even bring up "if a Canadian coach says it" No Canadian coach would be that idiotic to say something like that.

FanHabtic*

He has no reason to lie.

Sure he does. Jealousy mixed in with an inferiority complex.

Stating that "he has no reason to lie" is hardly evidence of the deed in question. That's like Tony Soprano claiming that he had no purpose for whacking someone therefore he didn't do it.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I won't bother translating what was said in this clip, but that **** is so much worse than what the Swedish coach said - something I don't even understand how Canadians can take offence from.

I wasn't offended at all. It's just not the way coaches tend to choose their words...they will stay neutral and avoid the truth if it may offend the coach sitting next to them, it's just respect.

If you say that and then lose elsewhere it just looks bad on you. I think your perceiving us to have taken much more offense to it then we actually did...it's the etiquette I thought was questionable...but it's the etiquette that Sweden continues to show at these tournaments and it never works...so we kind of laughed at it.

And if you beat us 4-0 next year at this tournament and your coach says "well I think this makes us the favourite"...I'll question his etiquette and words again and I will laugh at him if they fail.

When your in front of the camera, stay neutral, stay humble...if not your creating headlines.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
By no means was this a "rub this in". As a fan of hockey and a fan of Canada, it left a bad taste in my mouth that he should say something as dumb as that. It's more or less like a taunt. I said that it was more of a motivation to face Sweden again in the finals. It would have been a great rematch so the coach can see up close once again the calibre that might have missed. Please read before commenting. Secondly why even bring up "if a Canadian coach says it" No Canadian coach would be that idiotic to say something like that.

We have had guys like that, but they don't last very long, that's for sure.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You'd be satisfied with just silver? Wow, you must've gotten a lot of runner-up trophies as a kid.

Eventually you have so much Gold, it just doesn't mean the same. Guess you don't know that feeling. I've won many trophies they just become clutter not at all like the first couple that I cherished.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
So these guys are *****ing and whining yet do not have any evidence to support their claims? Until you produce a soundbyte of the Canadian team members insulting the Swedish media i will just pass this off as sour grapes, jealousy and utter stupidity.

Yeah, just stick your head in the sand, pretend its raining or whatever. When the camera is off the majority of people around the Canada team act like d i c k s.

MugenSilverSiR

Jun 30, 2008
We have had guys like that, but they don't last very long, that's for sure.

Yea you are right but I just don't remember any coach in a big tournament that has said anything to taunt up your opponent. I could wrong...like I am most of the time...=o)

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Why, he's saying the same thing as you are - he's only more blunt about it?

Yeah, all Swedish hockey players are proffessionals... I know three guys who are registered, two of them don't play at all, they're just regged to be able to pitch in when their local beer league doesn't have enough people to ice a full squad.

No he's not..he's a troll and his posts make laugh. I'm just telling you coaches avoid causing stirs. I wasn't offended by it...but I questioned his etiquette and respect standing next to the oppositions coach. I would have raised an eye brow had he said it about the US, the Swiss or the Germans.

You took what I meant way too far...I basically defended you by saying those Canadians that say we could beat you with three teams are dumb because our registration is much much higher (which was your point as well) and then you discredit me by sarcastically telling me I'm underselling the amount of hockey that's played in Sweden? Is there no middle ground? Maybe you should be able to put 3 teams in the WJC and compete with all three if the level of registration is so far beyond what I made it out to be...but that certainly isn't my expectation and for good reason.

FanHabtic*

Yeah, just stick your head in the sand, pretend its raining or whatever. When the camera is off the majority of people around the Canada team act like d i c k s.

LOL! Yep, the majority of people around Team Canada act like dicks because you say so and some swedish paper claims it to be true. You probably believe everything that Eklund says as well don't ya! ;)

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
LOL! Yep, the majority of people around Team Canada act like dicks because you say so and some swedish paper claims it to be true. You probably believe everything that Eklund says as well don't ya! ;)

First of all, that was no swedish paper.

Second, who the **** is Eklund?

Boom King

Dec 11, 2010
Eventually you have so much Gold, it just doesn't mean the same. Guess you don't know that feeling. I've won many trophies they just become clutter not at all like the first couple that I cherished.

I know the feeling of being on top and being proud of all my accomplishments whether they be my first or last. I don't treat any of them like "clutter" and don't feel complacent just because I won something. It just motivates me more. I guess you don't know that feeling.

In case you forgot, we didn't win gold last year but silver. I guess you were satisfied with that consolation victory as well. I'll be watching the game and routing for these kids to win their first gold medal and bring it back home. You can keep staring at your useless "clutter".

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Thus the insults and your defending them. People always want to take a crack at the biggest kid on the block to prove they are worthy.

Especially when that big kid just cant´t stop acting arrogant toward others. Though,it has nothing to do with wanting to be wothy.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Then they're smart. If they wanna be d i c k s off camera thats their buisness. I'm not going to comment on things I don't see or hear. Thats on their own time. But when someone acts like a fool on camera an says things I can take in then I will judge that all I want. Do you see the difference? One is hearsay where there is no real actual evidence if it happening, the other is on camera in front of hoards of media.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Sure he does. Jealousy mixed in with an inferiority complex.

Stating that "he has no reason to lie" is hardly evidence of the deed in question. That's like Tony Soprano claiming that he had no purpose for whacking someone therefore he didn't do it.

:laugh: I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. We are not a nation filled with small minded people. I don't know how Canada is, but that is not how most Swedes work, and especially not a guy like David Fjäll who seems to be an extremely nice and genuine person.

FanHabtic*

Then they're smart. If they wanna be d i c k s off camera thats their buisness. I'm not going to comment on things I don't see or hear. Thats on their own time. But when someone acts like a fool on camera an says things I can take in then I will judge that all I want. Do you see the difference? One is hearsay where there is no real actual evidence if it happening, the other is on camera in front of hoards of media.

Exactly, its the difference between on the record and off it.

Off the record, Dave Cameron thinks Ronnberg is a complete arse. On the record he believes he is a good coach who was perhaps a bit confused at the time. :)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Then they're smart. If they wanna be d i c k s off camera thats their buisness. I'm not going to comment on things I don't see or hear. Thats on their own time. But when someone acts like a fool on camera and says things I can take in then I will judge that all I want. Do you see the difference? One is hearsay where there is no real actual evidence of it happening, the other is on camera in front of hoards of media.

wpgyotes

Bye Bryz
Jul 6, 2006
It's ONE game, Nordic. Have you not heard the phrase "Any Given Sunday"? Winning a prelim game 6-5 in a shootout, where neither goalie played well, is hardly an indicator of your country's superiority.

Sure, we have a lot more players registered nationwide, I'll give you that, but often paring down the roster to ONE team is difficult enough, and the players don't always mesh no matter how good it looks on paper. Chemistry is not always an easy thing to manufacture. Most of the other hockey playing nations have players who grow up playing with one another all through the national team tournaments from junior to the pros. That's an advantage in my book. Countries are allowed to enter multiple athletes in other Olympic disciplines, so why not allow Canada to enter three teams and sweep the medals?

I think the most remarkable thing in a short tournament like the WJC is the fact Canada has been to 10 straight gold medal finals.

FanHabtic*

:laugh: I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. We are not a nation filled with small minded people. I don't know how Canada is, but that is not how most Swedes work, and especially not a guy like David Fjäll who seems to be an extremely nice and genuine person.

Its not about being small minded. Its about making accusations without any tangible evidence. Saying "he said it so it must be true" is not tangible. A guy who "seems to be a nice and genuine person" is also not evidence. Its pretty silly actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad