Confirmed with Link: Thank you Scott GoHomez! (UPD: Signs w/San Jose 1 yr/$700k)

PunkinDrublic*

Gomez signs 1 year contract !!

With the Milwaukee Brewers... Carlos that is ...:sarcasm:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Not sure how many teams are in on UFA Scott Gomez but Sharks have tendered an offer.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Officially signed with San Jose. Good for him.

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
Sharks sign Scott Gomez to a one year deal.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Does he count against our cap still?

Ah never mind... so we have his full cap hit for this year, oh well.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I sincerely hope he does well in San Jose.

Hell ,for that cap hit I would be ok with him in Montreal.

His contract (and consequential lack of production) did him in.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
TSN says it's $700,000. Imagine you were making a hundred grand a year and lost your job, went on the free market and the best you could attract was ten thousand bucks, brutal.

If he tears it up in SJ who do we blame ?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
TSN says it's $700,000. Imagine you were making a hundred grand a year and lost your job, went on the free market and the best you could attract was ten thousand bucks, brutal.

Well he lost his job by being paid his salary, so it's not quite the same. If company gives me my year salary and I work somewhere else for 1/10th, I wouldnt care because I am making 1/10th more that year.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Well he lost his job by being paid his salary, so it's not quite the same. If company gives me my year salary and I work somewhere else for 1/10th, I wouldnt care because I am making 1/10th more that year.

If I had the choice of chilling for $100k or working for $110k I might opt for the former. Unless I totally loved working, or I felt that I had something to prove.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
If I had the choice of chilling for $100k or working for $110k I might opt for the former. Unless I totally loved working, or I felt that had something to prove.

Well in his case he could chill for 100k and never play hockey again. Or like he did, took a small contract to prove he can still compete in the NHL.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

But imagine if you lost your job and the company that fired you paid you for another two years and you were still able to get another job... double dipping at its finest.

Gomez gets the blame for playing like a bum when he was here. And now he benefits by getting paid on two contracts in the same year.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I'd be very surprised if he succeeds. Sure he has little pressure with a contract like that but on the other end the Sharks have little pressure to help him succeed as well and he's a guy that really needs help.

He won't develop a half decent snapshot all of a sudden, nor will he acquire a good hockey sense.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
If I had the choice of chilling for $100k or working for $110k I might opt for the former. Unless I totally loved working, or I felt that I had something to prove.

If he felt he had something to prove he wouldn't have signed with Sanjose, he wont even get past their third line. He could have signed with Calgary and probably centred Iginla but we all know Gomez is just along for the ride. What a worthless pos, I can't wait till he is out of the league.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
I never thought of Gomez as a bum. Overpaid for his production, absolutely. But I always felt that he tried his best... and being overpaid is not his fault, not at all.

A1

Everything is awful
Oct 15, 2005
Montreal, Qc
It's really effing embarrassing that every player that leaves the habs publicly talks **** about the team.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Gomez discusses Habs: "In Montreal, they just grab the puck and dump it in, and go chase a guy and try and hit him" http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin-kurz/sharks-place-burns-ir-make-room-gomez

A real testimonial to how "great" a coach martin was. No plan, no intelligence, just some half-assed attempt to not be a total buffoon.

How that goof didn't get fired out the door sooner is a marvel. I can't believe we let Muller leave in favour of keeping the sleeping idiot.

Habtchum*

It's really effing embarrassing that every player that leaves the habs publicly talks **** about the team.

For the **** load of money the Habs (and us the fans) to buy him out, he should have had the decency to shut the **** up.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I hope he plays well with the Sharks, also hoping Wade Redden plays well too.
The guy never did anything wrong, he just didn't deserve the money he was given for what he was offering.
Hard to turn down that kind of money if someone was offering you it.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

It should be ourselves. He was finished in this town before he even got here. He never had a chance and once things went south for him we made sure he stayed down. We wanted him to fail, and it happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->