OT: Thank you Isabelle Khurshudyan

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
She really grew into the role the past few years and did a nice job. Her replacement seems very good as well. Best of luck to IK.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Is she still going to do sports or news news?

Edit: Never mind just read the actual tweet. That's quite a change. Best of luck!

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Did it go from Tarik to Carrera to Prewitt to Izzy to Pell or am I missing some people?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Even Katie Carrera who was the worst beat reporter in that list had the single most important story in recent Capitals memory on the dysfunction of the Capitals under Oates and McPhee. The Caps have had pretty good reporters for a while now.

Jun 15, 2007
Not criticizing IK or anyone, but how are we ranking any beat reporter above the other? They all seem interchangeable to me.

Only thing about Katie Carrera that I remember is when she accidentally pasted a story about a Cap flirting with her into one of her blog roundups.

Reactions: Marshall

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
I believe Carrera was pretty hot if my memory serves me correctly. On another note, Izzy really grew into the job. Best of luck to her.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Pretty sure he's correct with Prewitt. The one that wasn't WaPo that was around for a bit was Adam Vingan who is now a beat reporter in Nashville.
The other guy that worked the beat I think for the Washington Times was Steve Whyno.

Not criticizing IK or anyone, but how are we ranking any beat reporter above the other? They all seem interchangeable to me.

Only thing about Katie Carrera that I remember is when she accidentally pasted a story about a Cap flirting with her into one of her blog roundups.
I think they all had different strengths, Izzy had the strongest Twitter feed, Prewitt had a good feed and features, didn't break as much news, Carrera and Tarek broke more stories.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
The Post must be high in Izzie since they're sending her off to do real journalism.

I dunno...is the Post even capable of such a thing anymore?

She says: "I knew nothing about hockey when I started". I will give her credit for catching on pretty quickly, but this kind of shows how little respect the WaPo has always had for hockey. It's just a half-step up from intern. Only person who ever seemed to approach the job with any passion for the sport was Tarik. For everyone else it was just a stepping stone to the next gig

Reactions: Corby78

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad