Thank you Iggy Avatars - Completed avatars in posts #138-142

Theme?

• Total voters

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like the idea, but I don't like the pics you used. You have that awesome jersey texture background. How about dropping the flaming C and putting a 12 in its place? Even better, if you can find a similar typefont for the "Thank you"?
oooohh, that's good

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I like the Jarome, coming home to the dome theme :)

It would be funny to see if we could incorporate his full name into the avatar, but I dare not suggest an idea that causes chaos for the avatar makers.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If this isn't the Crosby goal reference, I don't know what this references...

A super awkward interview he did with some lady; where she just said 'Setting up the play', then different version of saying the same thing; Iggy didn't know what the f*** was going on, or what the question was.

Reactions: Janks and Fig

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
That interview is pure cringe.

So I've edited the title under the presumption that we are indeed going with a Jarome Iginla theme of some kind.

Shall I update the poll as well?
Yes, update the poll to the following options

Jarome Iginla
Iggy
Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tij Junior Elvis Iginla
Jarooooooome Iginlaaaaaaa
IGGGY!!!
GOAT

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Janks had said it in the iginla thread and it got me thinking. we should use "Oh Captain my Captain" in the avatars. Or set it to be used on our signatures or something

Reactions: Janks

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Janks had said it in the iginla thread and it got me thinking. we should use "Oh Captain my Captain" in the avatars. Or set it to be used on our signatures or something
I like a simple "thank you." I feel like that quote is a bit played out/overused.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Question is, do we all use a different avatar? Or do we use one as a unity type gesture? I kind of like the idea of us all using the same one.

Aug 3, 2010
Made a quick mock-up of a potential template.

Fun fact (and it honestly just happened to work this way) the font size for the flavour text (e.g. "Thank You Iggy") is 12px, and the font size for "12" is 120px and I honestly think they look the best at this resolution for 125*125 avatars, and I tried to get the best use out of the Flames' official font face.

Images used and text is interchangeable of course but I imagine only a few variations need to be made, as seen below; the left being "home jersey" style, and right being a "borderless avatar/away jersey" style.

upload_2018-7-25_13-1-26.png
upload_2018-7-25_13-16-19.png

Curious to see what others come up with. This avatar *can* be made into an animated GIF but I honestly wanted a) to keep it simple and b) be kind of lazy at this point in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I like the base concept, but could an outline of the dome work better than the #12? That way we don't have what looks like a bottle opener/hook/dyson airblade db hand dryer shaped white space in the middle of the avatar. It means more space for pics of Iggy.

It sorta also is a hat tip towards "Jarome in the Dome" (Pun not entirely on purpose, but I like the pun).

If we do a gif, can there be an option to integrate: Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tij Junior Elvis Iginla into it? It seems like it would need at least 5 frames though assuming we combine two names of the names between Jarome Iginla per frame. Might be too much work.

Jarome Iginla "Class act" could possibly be considered as well (Reference to Stephen Harper tweet)

Aug 3, 2010
I like the base concept, but could an outline of the dome work better than the #12? That way we don't have what looks like a bottle opener/hook/dyson airblade db hand dryer shaped white space in the middle of the avatar. It means more space for pics of Iggy.
I actually tried it, but the problem I encountered is that the Dome shape is also quite awkward to work with. I made a mockup with old Calgary skyline (wow, the Tower actually towers over things!) but it's still sort of unintelligible.

upload_2018-7-25_17-16-42.png

I don't like it but maybe someone else can make it work, though I definitely recognize the issues in using the keyhole "12" template. Furthermore, I will likely not be doing GIFs as I simply do not have the time to devote to it, but someone else can always use my template as part of a GIF if they like.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I actually tried it, but the problem I encountered is that the Dome shape is also quite awkward to work with. I made a mockup with old Calgary skyline (wow, the Tower actually towers over things!) but it's still sort of unintelligible.

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. That's a bummer for sure. I'm sure sharper minds will find a solution

No. It's bad enough when we use similar avatars and I'm too old and too busy to read usernames.

I'm already having issues with ya'll even with the different Iggy pics. I can't imagine that every day for the rest of the season. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad