your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
We're gonna need a bigger bandwagon! :naughty:

DasWrxlXkAEdHZR.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Maybe the Montreal guys could bring some Schwartz's smoked meat sandwiches. I would kill for one of those right now.

Costco sells a Schwartz's-branded approximation. Pretty good, but it's been a while since I've had one straight from the source.

Reactions: Saintb

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Like I posted in another thread and just to be clear:

I was always a fan of the players, especially of Team Canada players. Always played the NHL games with different teams. Not being from North-America and not having a real connection with one of the cities, did make it hard to just pick a team. Been to Toronto and to a game there, so I thought they were my team. I cheered for them (or at least tried to do so and to convince myself), but something just didn' feel right. Although I don't hate the Leafs like some of you can.. it's just not my team. In the mean time I've tried the Oilers, Flyers, Blues and maybe some more but everytime it just fell somewhere apart (for me). Just not my teams. Also wanted at first an east and a west team. Eventually fell in love with the Sharks and now also the Jets. When you love a team you just know. It's when you cannot wait till they play again. It's feeling down when they lose. It's being excited to watch them.

Maybe not an east and west team like I wanted, but it prevents the heartbreak to cheer and feel sad at the seem time (when your east and west team meet in the finals). Supporting 2 teams may seem weird to you guys, I partially blame the Jets for disappearing during al those years when I was searching.
Long story short: I am ready to join the Jets bandwagon for now and don't want to leave anymore. It's a shame it tookme so long, but I finally feel at home.
Maybe you can make it here for a game someday. We will take good care of you!

Reactions: 92TeamCanada97

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

I was always a fan of the players, especially of Team Canada players. Always played the NHL games with different teams. Not being from North-America and not having a real connection with one of the cities, did make it hard to just pick a team. Been to Toronto and to a game there, so I thought they were my team. I cheered for them (or at least tried to do so and to convince myself), but something just didn' feel right. Although I don't hate the Leafs like some of you can.. it's just not my team. In the mean time I've tried the Oilers, Flyers, Blues and maybe some more but everytime it just fell somewhere apart (for me). Just not my teams. Also wanted at first an east and a west team. Eventually fell in love with the Sharks and now also the Jets. When you love a team you just know. It's when you cannot wait till they play again. It's feeling down when they lose. It's being excited to watch them.

Maybe not an east and west team like I wanted, but it prevents the heartbreak to cheer and feel sad at the seem time (when your east and west team meet in the finals). Supporting 2 teams may seem weird to you guys, I partially blame the Jets for disappearing during al those years when I was searching.
Long story short: I am ready to join the Jets bandwagon for now and don't want to leave anymore. It's a shame it tookme so long, but I finally feel at home.

Welcome home dude.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

Get us a round of drinks, buddy

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
lets take things slow here okay, first date kind of stuff, I don't move that fast!! lol!!

but damn glad to be here, cool group of people so far, hungry for a winner and honestly pretty respectable overall..I cant recall any issues I have had with a Jets poster..and that is rare for me to not have a problem with another teams fanbase lol!
Hey AmDream. Great to see you posting so much on our forums & thanks for the nice words. We have so many really good Americans on our squad - lead by Wheels, Buff & Helly, but O'Connor is going to be a dang good one too. Welsome aboard & keep up the great posts.

Reactions: AmericanDream

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Welcome aboard American Dream that makes me think of the late Dusty Rhodes. I know you are a fan of our American prospects and our scouts do a good job mining the USHL and other leagues for talent. Trouba, Copp, Helly, Connor, Roslo, Appleton, Samberg, and a few more I am forgetting.
Yea, toss in Wheels & Buff for good measure! Mix in Scheif, Laine, Ehlers.... & we have a great international squad

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Welcome aboard. We're right in the centre of Canada, so you no longer need an east & west team -- Jets will do mighty fine, thank you

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Costco sells a Schwartz's-branded approximation. Pretty good, but it's been a while since I've had one straight from the source.

Which Costco? Do they alway have it? Costco is terrible for consistent stocking. My Sobey's used to have these, haven't seen them for a while. They are a far cry from carved at the source, that's for sure.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Which Costco? Do they alway have it? Costco is terrible for consistent stocking. My Sobey's used to have these, haven't seen them for a while. They are a far cry from carved at the source, that's for sure.

No, it's Rosco, not Costco.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I was always a fan of the players, especially of Team Canada players.

Funny, much of your story reminds me of watching the Netherlands in the '08 Euro Cup and '10 WC (I still remember that van Bronckhorst goal like it was yesterday). I even tried to follow a team that I had arbitrarily picked, but watching Eredivisie games in Canada was so difficult at the time.

Since Winnipeg got an NHL team back, though, I'm watching a fraction of the association football that I once did.

Yeah, I think all three of them, and I'm pretty sure they always have it.

Reactions: nobody important

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad