Thank you Fellow Hawks Posters.....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Surprised you didn't list Teemu in OP

I have been here 10+ years and I love you all even the people with whom I argue constantly with. When I joined the GDT was simply a single thread that covered all games. Happy to see HF Hawk board grow to point in years after that we ended up with large contingent of fans and a very active board

Hopefully we are all around for years to come and enjoy Hawks

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Teemu is the true godfather on these boards. Wished I logged in earlier after being a lurker for years but glad I get to talk about alot of things with you guys not just hockey (although of course that's the main thing).

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Surprised you didn't list Teemu in OP

I have been here 10+ years and I love you all even the people with whom I argue constantly with. When I joined the GDT was simply a single thread that covered all games. Happy to see HF Hawk board grow to point in years after that we ended up with large contingent of fans and a very active board

Hopefully we are all around for years to come and enjoy Hawks
sorry, honestly was just going off the top of my head - he certainly is the original and I will add to the list...no slight to Teemu at all, wasn't even going to list names but figured what the hell I will likely forget some posters.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I found the site by accident as well looking at trade rumours. Im a regular on another Hawks blog and don’t have many Hawks followers in Canada as most of the family are all Leaf fans. It’s great to hear from a lot of you local guys not just about the big club but Rockford as well

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I found the site by accident as well looking at trade rumours. Im a regular on another Hawks blog and don’t have many Hawks followers in Canada as most of the family are all Leaf fans. It’s great to hear from a lot of you local guys not just about the big club but Rockford as well

What blog?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Took me a year or two of lurking before signing on. I’m one of the older guys here, so my views tend to be a bit different than most, not unlike the others of my generation who toil here. A slightly different perspective.

That said AD, I really enjoy your posts here, as well as on the prospects board, and the tournaments board. Thanks for your insights. Keep them coming.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I was on the old site when Elena was spewing her crap and Beerfan and the team drove her away. Then found this site.....though the PG nature and rules (yes we agree when signing up) are a bit of a drag and I leave during the off-season because I have a busy life. I know others who are in their 2nd/3rd moniker on here due to some quick trigger fingers from mods. But overall it is a fun site.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
DAMN, I had no bloody idea I have been posting here for 12.5 years....makes me feel old, prior to finding HF Boards I was frequenting Hockey Informer Forums for a another 5 years before that....

Guess I am one of the old posters...

its been enjoyable posting with informative fellow Hawk fans over those 12+ years...

Cheers!

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
I don't really post on here much and this year sucked for trying to catch games (working an evening shift kind of does that for most forms of entertainment). But I consider this place my go to for all hockey talk and hope the group sticks around for a while.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
For all you newbies or hermit crabs that come out once every decade, I'm going to have to start DMing all you jerks until you start partaking in conversations on a regular basis. We've lost quite a few good posters over the years and we need to replenish what we've lost.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I believe I joined the board in 2006, but just lurked around for the first year or two without saying much.
As much as this board can drive me crazy sometimes, it's still the best place to talk Hawks hockey and get different opinions or thoughts on the games.

I know I tend to argue with almost everyone on this board about different things, but at one point or another we have agreed on quite a few things as well.
In the end we all just want one thing, to cheer for another Stanley Cup in the near future.

Cheers to you all!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I honestly don't remember how I found this place in the first place. Weird that I don't remember that, but I do remember I had been living in Phoenix for about a year, year and a half when I joined. I didn't lurk for long, started posting right away.

It's maddening here at times but overall I enjoy it. Especially now I can't really say much in social media or anywhere so this has sort of become my outlet to "fan", if you will, even though my fandom has changed and evolved in recent years.

There's a lot of knowledgeable people here and you get a lot of different perspectives and opinions which most of the time is a positive thing. Being on here as long as many of us have you start to "know" people a bit and there's a camaraderie built, aside from people here also having met and hung out in person before. Overall I enjoy the banter on here though sometimes I need to step away a bit here and there as it can get borderline toxic on this board. That's fewer and further between, though, and all in all there's enough good posters here that they outweigh the bad. I've only ever blocked two people in my entire time here so I'd say that's a plus. :laugh:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I’d rather read what people on here think of the prospect pipeline or NHL roster than any beat writer not named Powers, so that says a lot about the quality of posters. Overall, HF Hawks knows hockey.

Go read Hawks twitter or facebook page if you want to read what hot garbage takes look like.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'll skew the other way. f*** you AD, you suck.

Kidding...

I enjoy my time spent with you hooligans and assclowns. Have enjoyed meeting some of you folks, too. Always an interesting day on HF, on top of it. I get lols from here(not just HF Hawks, but all of HF) every day.

I echo everything positive everyone else has already said.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Hey guys! I used to post here frequently years ago and loved coming here to read everyone's opinions and chime in (honestly, i still feel really proud to have created the first 'anything goes' thread)..
Even to this day, i check this board just about daily, and really cherish the opinions and views of all posters. I have even started to read through fiddys posts and decipher them lol.
But since I've taken a leave from posting regularly, I really only have commented when I'm drunk and feel the urge to say something stupid. Thank you for putting me in my place when that's happened lol
A lot has changed in my life and i have way less time than I'd like to be able to be a part of conversations about our team and this game.
But it's such a joy to see old posters i was familiar with still posting.... And it's a joy to see new faces (or users, whatever) joining and participating in meaningful contributions.
Thank you so much to everyone for being a fan, and for keeping me involved even if I'm not as active as i once was.Thank you for all highlights and lowlights, and i look forward to still visiting HFBoards.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
As Lurker since 2010 and Lurker Representative since 2013, thanks for helping me learn the sport originally and continually giving me material to read... even if that includes fiddy's rambles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad