Thank you Fellow Hawks Posters.....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know this thread might seem a bit odd....

But the fact is this - we all talk hockey - 24/7 - or for periods of time in between.

I have been a poster for years that takes time away from this board usually due to the negativity that some posters spew on here year in and year out. I take my months away from here just to regroup and come back ready for battle prior to game 1 the following year lol!!!

But I honestly wanted to say this and hopefully others join in as a simple thank you for those who enjoy actually talking hockey and having intellectual debates about a sport we so love but the Vast majority of people do not follow here in the states.

We still are a rare breed, the fair weather fans are fading away at the stadium, watching on tv, and posting here...we are the true heart and soul of this team...the Teemu, Fiddy,, BWC, Blackhawk, BK, CallMeShaft, BlueLiner, DHF, NoShoGun, RayP, RembertheRoar, ChiHawks10, BobbyJet, Hawkaholic, Migi, CourtneyDaggers, ColdSteelonIce2, KevinMusto, etc, etc, etc....we do this day in and day out, and I just wanted to say thank you. Sometimes life throws us hard times, takes things from us, ups and downs, and yet we can come back to a game we all love and to a group we all know and talk whatever we want as far out of our ass as we want!! It means a lot to me through my trials and tribulations in life that this board is here, and though some of us might take it for granted, please don't...this is as weird as it sounds...a sick family lol!!

Many of us have been here through the dark times, I was here in 05 lol!! Others came on board a bit after, but regardless is our love for this team and hockey in general...just wanted to say thank you for helping myself get through things in life that might have cut me short and I am sure others have dealt with other issues in life but again as weird/lame as it sounds, this board can be more then what is perceived...
Thank you..from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it....the good, the bad, and everything in between. I hope everyone appreciates this site despite the fact it can't stay working for a f***ing draft/FA season lol!!

Much love.

AD

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wish I had known about this board earlier. Finding it was a fluke. I'd bet that there are quite a few die-hard fans, especially older fans, who don't frequent the web and still aren't aware of it. I still can't get over how many Hawk sweaters I see when attending games in Toronto and Buffalo, and it seems Hawk fans are everywhere.

Reactions: AmericanDream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You listed me fifth, above guys like Chihawks10 and No Fun. I can only assume that means that you like me more than them.

Also, feel free to use this thread to talk about how great my GDTs and playoff avatars have been the last few years.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You listed me fifth, above guys like Chihawks10 and No Fun. I can only assume that means that you like me more than them.

Also, fill free to use this thread to talk about how great my GDTs and playoff avatars have been the last few years.
honestly man, we get all caught up in who is right or wrong, it just comes down to thank you for those who can talk hockey, and I have appreciated it over the years like others have...we do this for love, but it f***ing means something, and regardless of your stance, your dedication should never be questioned....you have been a great poster and GDT starter over the years...so thank you...I do not have the patience or understanding to do all of that!!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
honestly man, we get all caught up in who is right or wrong, it just comes down to thank you for those who can talk hockey, and I have appreciated it over the years like others have...we do this for love, but it ****ing means something, and regardless of your stance, your dedication should never be questioned....you have been a great poster and GDT starter over the years...so thank you...I do not have the patience or understanding to do all of that!!
I <3 u 2

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I too accidentally found the board looking for info on the great cap purge. ****ing figures, the Hawks don't get over the hump for decades and decades....until there's a cap in place.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I know this thread might seem a bit odd....

But the fact is this - we all talk hockey - 24/7 - or for periods of time in between.

I have been a poster for years that takes time away from this board usually due to the negativity that some posters spew on here year in and year out. I take my months away from here just to regroup and come back ready for battle prior to game 1 the following year lol!!!

But I honestly wanted to say this and hopefully others join in as a simple thank you for those who enjoy actually talking hockey and having intellectual debates about a sport we so love but the Vast majority of people do not follow here in the states.

We still are a rare breed, the fair weather fans are fading away at the stadium, watching on tv, and posting here...we are the true heart and soul of this team...the Fiddy,, BWC, Blackhawk, BK, CallMeShaft, BlueLiner, DHF, NoShoGun, RayP, RembertheRoar, ChiHawks10, BobbyJet, Hawkaholic, Migi, CourtneyDaggers, ColdSteelonIce2, KevinMusto, etc, etc, etc....we do this day in and day out, and I just wanted to say thank you. Sometimes life throws us hard times, takes things from us, ups and downs, and yet we can come back to a game we all love and to a group we all know and talk whatever we want as far out of our ass as we want!! It means a lot to me through my trials and tribulations in life that this board is here, and though some of us might take it for granted, please don't...this is as weird as it sounds...a sick family lol!!

Many of us have been here through the dark times, I was here in 05 lol!! Others came on board a bit after, but regardless is our love for this team and hockey in general...just wanted to say thank you for helping myself get through things in life that might have cut me short and I am sure others have dealt with other issues in life but again as weird/lame as it sounds, this board can be more then what is perceived...
Thank you..from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it....the good, the bad, and everything in between. I hope everyone appreciates this site despite the fact it can't stay working for a ****ing draft/FA season lol!!

Much love.

AD

Awesome post, man. I can definitely relate to this board providing an escape from the daily bullshit in life.

I wish I would’ve known about this place earlier. Before this, the only person I had to talk hockey with was my uncle, and that’s only because I got him into it in the early 2000s.

I have always loved the Blackhawks and the game in general, but my knowledge of hockey has grown exponentially since I came here, and that’s a direct result of there being so many smart posters on the Hawks board.

I feel like I learn something new everyday here, and I love the opportunity to really get into the weeds with everyone.

This place is awesome, and so are all of you guys and gals.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Weird to think how long we've all been here now. I'm at four years and it feels like a long time, then you see people at 10+

Feel you completely.

I cheer for you all guys. Even though some days are harder in these boards and people keyboard fight about opinions, HFBoards and you guys give me more than you take. I’m so happy I found this place because in Finnish HFBoards I have been registered since 2009 and the Hawks part is kind of inactive. There are several posters who reminds me a lot of you, I respect them and you hell of a lot, you guys just keep posting here multiple times a day and they do it maybe three four times a week. Gamedays are usually a bit more active. Your activity keeps me coming here with phone like every ten minutes.

I still have sometimes hard time understanding every single word you guys type but in general I understand what you mean. I have learned a lot from you, for example English but more important, hockey and how NHL works. I try to keep up and maybe that is also the drug which keeps me here.

God I kind of hope I could have lived the dark era like many of you. It would give me a lot more perspective even though I kind of feel it through you. I have told my story and in summary, it began in November in California 2005 because dad said watch out next summer this guy called Jonathan Toews. My dad is a huge Kings fan and oh my if he knew or me in that day what rivalry we would have in near future. And his favourite player is Anze Kopitar, obviously. Started watching games in Toews and Kane’s rookie season. And started paying for games in spring of 2009. Next season was my first full season. Maybe I’m the lucky charm, lol.

For AD I want to say that even though you like everybody else sometimes go bananas here and dont understand what Stan, Q or organisation does or you dont understand what other poster type something, you seem like one of the nicest guys here and you have a lot of humor. I love it and it has been nice to talk with you. Hopefully we do it more often, with others too.

Hopefully you come back energized! Cheers and enjoy rest of the summer man!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->