Thank God (Or B's Brain Trust)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm for it for 2 reasons. First I think Z and the other guys ran out of gas last year. Having such a short off season will eventually be a factor. Second we have some promising youngsters on D. Give them a few more responsible minutes. See what they are really made of.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think this is wise. I kind of hope later in the season barring some need to fight for position that they will let him and Seids both take a few games off for rest.

I think the one huge positive of having three young NHL ready D-men is they have the ability to rest players.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think this is wise. I kind of hope later in the season barring some need to fight for position that they will let him and Seids both take a few games off for rest.

I think the one huge positive of having three young NHL ready D-men is they have the ability to rest players.

Absolutely. I think we will see this pay off come spring time.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

It's an enviable problem to have.

Realize injuries played into it last year, but really, at the very end of the regular season, there was no reason to have #33 out there in a nothing game.

Rest the big man, and the Kraut, too. :) (Half German here.)

Mount KilimanChara

Jul 6, 2007
North Shore
Personally, I'd be happy to give the big man the Drago injection until he tells me "Ya sebya" and lifts me by my throat into the rafters, but I suppose it is better to conserve him.

And wow, I clicked on a Haggerty article, I supppose I should feel shame.

Please tell me why?

I mean, I choose Tim Thomas over every single media ****** that ever covered his erudite, always considered and considerate responses, but Haggs has as much right as any other American to get crazy over politics, doesn't he?

I think Haggs is a darn good writer and B's reporter and Timmy T is no longer a Bruin, so let's let it go. And this from a guy who loves to think that douchey media can drive players out of town. Timmah was a special case, and just because Haggs was prevalent in the crowd of *******s not respecting his privacy in any way, we shouldn't hate on him forever.

Who amongst you wouldn't pay a few dollars to see Tim Thomas debate Haggs and other media haters in a no holds barred, no bs forum? You bet I would. Never agreed with Haggs' stance but that goes for just about everyone who covered that debacle.

And to be clear, I do not agree with TT on a single political point.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Prollem is he still sees way to much time on the PP! :rant:

I think that's a great time to rest him, but I understand he'll never go for it.

I really dont want him down low either. Let the waterbugs and forwards PP, I dont want to loose Chara to taking a team mates slapper.

member 96824

Personally, I'd be happy to give the big man the Drago injection until he tells me "Ya sebya" and lifts me by my throat into the rafters, but I suppose it is better to conserve him.

And wow, I clicked on a Haggerty article, I supppose I should feel shame.

Please tell me why?

I mean, I choose Tim Thomas over every single media ****** that ever covered his erudite, always considered and considerate responses, but Haggs has as much right as any other American to get crazy over politics, doesn't he?

I think Haggs is a darn good writer and B's reporter and Timmy T is no longer a Bruin, so let's let it go. And this from a guy who loves to think that douchey media can drive players out of town. Timmah was a special case, and just because Haggs was prevalent in the crowd of *******s not respecting his privacy in any way, we shouldn't hate on him forever.

Who amongst you wouldn't pay a few dollars to see Tim Thomas debate Haggs and other media haters in a no holds barred, no bs forum? You bet I would. Never agreed with Haggs' stance but that goes for just about everyone who covered that debacle.

And to be clear, I do not agree with TT on a single political point.

If hacks was a darn good writer, he'd be writing for something real...not on a blog for people that have no bruins affiliation.

Haggs is an egomaniac. Hes completely unprofessional, he'll say anything TMZesque to get a page click, and he tries to portray himself as this "insider" even though hes never broken a story.

The TT stuff was is worst and most obvious moment, but theyre everywhere.

Im surprised Haggs didnt write something about Andrew Ference dumping trash in the Charles river on his was out of town.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I'd be all for giving him a night off here and there given our depth too. He has a full plate with the olympics. Honestly against a Buffalo team I'd give him a night off now and again, although I know it will never happen.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd be all for giving him a night off here and there given our depth too. He has a full plate with the olympics. Honestly against a Buffalo team I'd give him a night off now and again, although I know it will never happen.

You wanna be the one to tell him??:sarcasm:;)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I really dont want him down low either. Let the waterbugs and forwards PP, I dont want to loose Chara to taking a team mates slapper.

That's more or less where I want him; right in front of the net or on the boards down low. With Krug, Dougie & Bart, there's absolutely no reason at all to force Z into quarterbacking the PP. He's a shut down D, not a play maker.

Though we have yet to see the goals, and though they need to simplify their attack, I absolutely love how the PP looks now. It's night & day. You can see what an intelligent player Hamilton is, and he's only going to get better. Bart is Bart, and that's a good thing.

And Torey is just so quick & creative -- he's always moving his feet on the PP, in direct contrast to what we've had here over the past few years. He appears to have superior hand to eye coordination. Most importantly to me, at least through these early games, Krug has brought effort & tenacity. He seems to understand that raw talent isn't enough, it would be unwise to rest on his playoff laurels, and that he must continue to work hard.

As the Micky D ads have it, "I'm lovin' it." :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad