Toronto FC: TFC Discussion Thread - MLS Cup FINAL Nov 10 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
OMG Vancouver made a great header but into his own net ...yikes.

2-2

Maybe on purpose ? Sure looked like it. Former TFC player. ;)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Hard break for Henry and the caps. Hopefully we can finish them.

It's nice to know we can get a result without any of Vazquez, Giovinco, Bono or Janson!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Haven’t been following too much this season, but why are we so low in the standings?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Haven’t been following too much this season, but why are we so low in the standings?

In a nutshell, we have been decimated by injuries to several key starters for most of the season, and haven't been able to get on track. We are finally starting to get reasonably healthy, and hopefully have enough games left to make a strong push for the playoffs.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Is this aggregate? Caps need 2 goals?

No, the Caps just need to win the second leg and they advance. They can also advance if the second leg ends in a draw at a score of 3-3 or higher.

TFC advances with a victory, 0-0 draw, or 1-1 draw. 2-2 draw and it goes to extra time / penalty kicks.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh ok thanks. Wait it is aggregate. :)

But we scored 2 away goals? Doesn’t van need to get at least 2goals?

not if they win. away goals essentially only are for draws after the 1st leg is a draw. Lets say TFC won 2-0 in BC last night THEN vancouver would need to win by 3 goals (3-0, 4-1, 5-2 etc) to win outrigt

Reactions: trellaine201

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
That game was frustrating to watch. Got dominated during the second half while VAN was a man down. VAN impressed me , so much pace in their game.

That Alphonso Davies though:clap:

Gabouch

Oct 24, 2013
Montreal
Impact fan coming in peace. Will be going to the match (25th August, not with the Ultras because they're a bit annoying but with my gf).

Is there any nice camping sites near ( around 1 hour ), something really rustic/not so much commercial so we can bring our tent ?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Impact fan coming in peace. Will be going to the match (25th August, not with the Ultras because they're a bit annoying but with my gf).

Is there any nice camping sites near ( around 1 hour ), something really rustic/not so much commercial so we can bring our tent ?
Bmo is right downtown so I’m not too sure where you’re going to find “camping” areas. Maybe on the islands?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
You sound surprised ;) I find quite a few players to be selfish. Him being near the top of the list.

Disappointing to say the least. If I was a teammate I would be fuming.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
You sound surprised ;) I find quite a few players to be selfish. Him being near the top of the list.

Disappointing to say the least. If I was a teammate I would be fuming.

Yes, but at this stage of the season and TFC's position, it's even worse.

BTW this ref is a real piece of work.

TMLeafer

Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Very well-worked goal by TFC. Altidore with the finish. Great back heel by Delgado.

3-2 TFC on aggregate with 2 away goals. Vancouver would need to core 2 to win.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Ugh this team is so frustrating.

These guys really didn't give a f*** about this MLS season. What a shame. It's like they were satisfied with one trophy.
They're pretty much out of the playoff race now. Very slim chance of them qualifying for the playoffs.
Such an embarrassing season. :thumbd:

TMLeafer

Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I missed SJ's tying goal but the defending is so shaky this season. Bono's been disappointing and the the CBs have been inconsistent. Mavinga was huge last season and he's been injured. I think they also miss Beitashour (Van Der Weil had an assist tonight but overall I think he's not as good as Beitashour).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad