Toronto FC: TFC Discussion Thread - MLS Cup FINAL Nov 10 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
TFC injury list for Saturday :laugh:

Jozy Altidore (foot), Victor Vazquez (back), Chris Mavinga (lower body), Gregory van der Wiel (Achilles), Justin Morrow (calf), Jonathan Osorio (fatigue), Auro (fatigue), Sebastian Giovinco (fatigue), Alex Bono (fatigue) and Marky Delgado (fatigue)

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site

Jozy Altidore (foot), Victor Vazquez (back), Chris Mavinga (lower body), Gregory van der Wiel (Achilles), Justin Morrow (calf), Jonathan Osorio (fatigue), Auro (fatigue), Sebastian Giovinco (fatigue), Alex Bono (fatigue) and Marky Delgado (fatigue)

ahhahahahahaha

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

I hope this is legit. I don't care if we start our entire TFC 2 lineup from the USL.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Am I the only one think it's ridiculous that the final is two legs?

Won't pretend to be a massive Concacaf Champions League fan, but surely a final has to be a one-and-done championship game?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

Won't pretend to be a massive Concacaf Champions League fan, but surely a final has to be a one-and-done championship game?

Why should it be any different? Unless you are having the game at a neutral location, both teams should be allowed to play a game infront of their home base

The question should be why we always start game 1 at home and have to play game 2 in Mexico? Would rather have the away game first.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Yeah I like the two legs. Far better than having to travel to a neutral site (which would inevitably be in the southern United States and thus be crawling with Chivas fans). Let them come up here next week on our garbage pitch and zero degree temperatures.

We always start at home because second leg hosting is determined by who has more 'cumulative points' in the previous rounds of the tournaments. So in essence we are punished for having to face the two best Mexican teams and a MLS team while Chivas is still riding the coattails of speedbagging some trash Dominican team.

Reactions: Kurtz

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yeah I like the two legs. Far better than having to travel to a neutral site (which would inevitably be in the southern United States and thus be crawling with Chivas fans). Let them come up here next week on our garbage pitch and zero degree temperatures.

We always start at home because second leg hosting is determined by who has more 'cumulative points' in the previous rounds of the tournaments. So in essence we are punished for having to face the two best Mexican teams and a MLS team while Chivas is still riding the coattails of speedbagging some trash Dominican team.

Those goals we gave up in the final few minutes against Tigres and Club America ended up costing us the second leg at home. It would have been fantastic to have the chance to hoist the trophy at BMO Field, but it is what it is.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The biggest mess IMO was not beating that trash Colorado team at home.

Admittedly it turned out well in a way because if we had conceded the second home leg with that penalty on Tuesday I'd be far angrier.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I just hope we don't see a letdown after facing the two toughest Liga MX teams expecting Chivas to be a walk in the park. Mind you, I can't help but feel more confident against them than I did against the other two, but we still have to take care of business.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I agree, the final being two legs seems stupid. I would prefer to see a one match final at a neutral stadium.

If one team builds a big lead in the first leg, it will make the second leg hardly worth watching

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

If one game is good for uefa champions league it has to be good enough concacaf. The one game winner takes all makes the final so much more exciting, I get quarter and semi final being 2 leg ties but the final should be a one off

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I am glad they didn't concern themselves with that game. Lots of season time to deal with after the CL is over.

That was a helluva disjointed effort to say the least, but it was expected.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
But they've dug themselves a big hole here. After the champions league final they really need to go on like a 10 game unbeaten streak or something.
It really isn't that big of a hole. They have played the least amount of games in the entire conference. The only thing this run has done is make it unlikely that we will be able to finish 1st and probably 2nd as NYCFC and Atlanta are going to be picking up lots of points. It was a calculated decision and the right one. Once the competition is over they should have no problem turning focus back onto the league and being able to settle in around 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad