Confirmed with Link: Texier signed to three-year ELC

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Unfortunately I think your math is off. That lineup might work for a year or two under the cap, and even if Bob's money stays the same, Panarin will be getting a $2M+ raise, Calvert will get a raise, Z will likely get a $4m+ raise, PLD will need a raise in 2 years, Andy will need a raise, and Boone likely gets one now. All that on top of adding another $10m player while only getting rid of Dubi and Jack's deals? Not a chance that will fit under the cap.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Sadly I agree.
I don't agree at all.

This front office isn't blind -- they know as well as anyone else this team is incredibly weak down the middle. The problem is supply and if they can't find a match they'll fall back on this "grow from within" BS.

We'll be competitive but we won't be a legit contender until we are much deeper down the middle. Caps didn't win the cup because of Ovechkin -- they won because of Kuznetzov/Backstrom/Eller/Beagle. Meanwhile we are relying on a 19 year old as our #1 while rolling out Wennberg/Dubinsky/Sedlak behind him. Obviously one of these is much different than the other.

And of course they have considered JT -- every team would love that guy. But they aren't going to bang that drum publicly because they are realists and unfortunately the CBJ are likely well down JT's wishlist.

I think we'll bring in another center but your guess is as good as mine as to who we can get. Will he be a depth Letestu type or is there another sleeper Panarin type deal that comes out of nowhere. If we want to get out of the first round let's hope it's a sleeper.

I personally think they are dangling a package or Murray + Jenner/Milano to try to get a top 6 guy. Then they'll resign Cole. Not sure if that will get it done -- especially since both Murray and Jenner are RFAs.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Here's some highlights from Texier this season.

Thanks for sharing! My first thought was "Damn, Tex looks good." My second thought was "Damn, not much checking in this French league." And my third thought was "Good, he's going to the dirty areas and playing with physicality in these World Championship highlights."

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Thanks for sharing! My first thought was "Damn, Tex looks good." My second thought was "Damn, not much checking in this French league." And my third thought was "Good, he's going to the dirty areas and playing with physicality in these World Championship highlights."
French league? That's KalPa; they're in the Liiga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad