GDT: Texas Stars @ OKC Barons, Friday 12/21/12 6PM MDT, End Of The World Edition

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I'm starting to think that this beer I'm drinking is becoming more of a necessity to watching this game rather than an enhancement to it.
if only i had somethin to drink tonight..I still gotta hit the Gym after this disaster

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010

lol beer is probably less unhealthy than Gatorade..
the fact that gatorade is made by a company called "PepsiCo" is a red flag in itself..

Good ole Steak, Eggs, and green vegetables is all I need..and lots of chicken..
Bananas and Oranges to energize, green, and black teas or black coffee to detox...
Beer to relax...tomorrow, I drink Beer..and Vodka lol

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Spreading out the offensive guys isn't working... they only get chances now when they dance in on their own it seems.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Had to drive my kid to his hockey practice. Doesn't sound like I missed anything . Again.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Pretty glad I didn't watch this one.

Crappy team outside of a handful of guys, playing in an empty building down in a place where no one cares about hockey. That's quite enough AHL for these guys that should be in the big league. End the lockout!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
From the little I've seen of the Barons games, they look like they are incredibly confused in their own end, and to make matters worse, the lack of foot speed by the D in general is appalling. There is no cohesive breakout pattern by a group of 5, just the odd rush by a few talented players.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Besides Hall, Danis, and Henry the team should be handing their heads after tonight's game. If anyone wonders how important RNH is to this club just watch a PP with him and without him. This was a game where we could've used the Paajarvi's, Green's, Hartikainen's, etc. to step up and they did no such thing.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Robin Brownlee was crowing on Twitter earlier that if the NHL gets going in January then the Oilers should have a good shot at the playoffs with a 48 game season. Hah... hahahahahahahaha!!!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Fire Nelson!

I tell you what, if I was looking for a head coach his teams showing this year sure as hell wouldn't have him on my list.

Spreading out the offensive guys isn't working... they only get chances now when they dance in on their own it seems.

We had 2 solid lines before splitting up the lines, now we have 2 alright lines pretty much with an NHLer driving the bus on each line. IMO we are doing more harm than good right now. Reunite the Nordic line and Hall with Eberle. I hate to be "that guy" seeing as Green was hurt for some time, but he hasn't led much on the ice since his return. As a matter of fact he's had 1 assist, is a -7, and all of 8 shots in his 7 games since his return. While other teams are having productive vets to take the load off of their younger players ours simply aren't getting the job done, sound familiar?

ftr 2 wins since November 25.

This smells like NHL.

It smells like something else IMO, but it really is inexcusable. No changes on the way, same crap over and over again, same passengers/under performers game after game, same guys not willing to pay the price to make something happen. I'm getting tired of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad