GDT: Texas Stars @ OKC Barons, Friday 12/21/12 6PM MDT, End Of The World Edition

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
large.png
@
large.png

STARS: 14-8-2-2 VS BARONS: 13-9-1-3

7-Day-Forcast.jpg

[fieldset=Game Info]Game Day: Friday December 21st 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Lineups]BARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hamilton #13-Arcobello #26-Eberle #7
Hall #22-Green #12-Hartikainen #10
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-House #21

Deck #8-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Marincin #28-Henry #39

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: D Plante #4, C Martindale #17 , W Cornet #15

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Reassigned To Stockton: W Abney #36

Suspended: W Pelss #23

STARS:
TBD
Roster

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: Team Unsustainable is led by Jordan Eberle's 27.5%, Justin Schultz' 19.2%, Teemu Hartikainen's 16.3% and Taylor Hall's 15.7% shooting %'s.

STARS TO WATCH: Cody Eakin leads the Stars in points, is tied with 2 other teammates for the team lead in assists, and leads the team in +/-. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Barons Number of the Day]The number of the day is 73 as in the number of shots on goal that Justin Schultz has through 26 games this season. Yet another stat that Schultz leads the Barons in. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Quotable]"He has parts of [Scott] Niedermayer and one player he reminds me of is Drew Doughty," Oklahoma City coach Todd Nelson told NHL.com. "The NHL is a step higher, but I see him doing the same thing up there. Maybe not as explosive in his first year, but I see him contributing offensively. I see him playing a lot of minutes, just as he does here -- and he plays about 30 minutes a game, handles it well."-- Oklahoma City coach Todd Nelson talking about Justin Schultz in an interview with NHL.com[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Season Series]
Date | Location | Result
10/28|OKC| 4-2 OKC
11/21|Texas| OKC 6-4
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Stars
Games|26|26
Points|30|32
Wins|13|14
GF|86|64
GA|78|65
Power Play %|23.9|15.2
Penalty Kill %|79.3|80.9
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Stars
GOALS: |Eberle (19)|Fraser (10)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (24)|Vincour, Morin, and Eakin (10)
+/-: |Eberle and Schultz (+13)|Eakin (+9)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Today's Videos]
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Don't know why you bothered with the GDT BBO. It's not there will be anyone left to play or watch the game after the world ends.

Although, maybe zombie hockey is the way for the NHL to rebrand itself after the lockout.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Lines at practice....

Hamilton - Arcobello - Eberle
Hall - Green - Hartikainen
Paajarvi - Lander - Pitlick
Byers - VandeVelde - House

Teubert - Fedun
Schultz - Deck
Henry - Marincin

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
This should be exciting... the end of the world I mean.

Ancient primative cultures are always right about these types of things, they had a better understanding of the universe than us modern idiots. Besides, can't disappoint everyone now, people have been looking forward to the end of the world for forever.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hope you don't mind me adding that picture, BBO.

I think it fits your theme fairly well. ;)

That was bad ass! :yo:

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

THIS, folks, is the GDT we should be worrying about right now...
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1309915&page=7

Come on man I'm trying to delay the end of the world by hoping to get whatever entities that are involved in it interested in the Barons and Oilers in the hopes that our lives are spared :shakehead
If the world doesn't end tomorrow you owe me your life bro!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Ok so its 1 hour past when the world was suppose to end...Anyone else out there alive or am I the only one who made it? If it's the latter, then I really do owe it all to my lucky socks.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Ok so its 1 hour past when the world was suppose to end...Anyone else out there alive or am I the only one who made it? If it's the latter, then I really do owe it all to my lucky socks.

I survived as well. How do we solve the repopulating of the earth? I'm male, if you are too we might have a problem.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I survived as well. How do we solve the repopulating of the earth? I'm male, if you are too we might have a problem.

I made it too, I'm in Hawaii if there are females out there that made it come to Hawaii so that we can repopulate the earth. My wife shouldn't mind since I'm trying to be a hero and save the human race and all...... So much for that, me repopulating the Earth with women besides her is not on her agenda and here I was willing to save the human race with as many beautiful women as it would take :laugh:

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
How about that Curtis Hamilton on the first line :laugh:

If playing with Eberle and Schultz doesn't increase your production, I don't know what will.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
How about that Curtis Hamilton on the first line :laugh:

If playing with Eberle and Schultz doesn't increase your production, I don't know what will.

He has been playing well though since being promoted. I think the biggest issue is his confidence. I see him too many times trying to set up Eberle rather than shoot or make a move, he is just forcing it and it's not working. He has the skills and I really think he can compliment that line well once he starts to gain confidence. Even right now he is a solid defensive presence out there.

Edit: On the actual game. If we can win this back-to-back here at home we can do a lot to help ourselves in the standings!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO Eberle can actually be a tough linemate to play with at times because he looks to shoot more than he does to pass at least at the AHL level IMO. The 2nd line should be a good one, however I'm not sure how the 3rd line will do since Pitlick has been fighting it. Also I wish that they'd pick a wing for Paajarvi and stick with it instead of this back and forth BS.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Curtis Hamilton is still an excellent project, give him time to develop. We need to start developing depth guys that provide a physical presence. This will be the youngest team overall come 3-6 years.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Teubert took a hard dump in attempt down low and was in lots of difficulty heading to the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad