Trade: [TEX/OAK] Elvis Andrus and Aramis Garcia for Khris Davis, Jonah Heim, David Acker

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what an odd trade

i get wanting to get rid of KD's contract but andrus is even more expensive and under contract for another year or two. plus he was pretty shit last season. KD was too but he showed some signs of life in the playoffs and if he hits like he normally does in texas, the rangers just robbed the A's blind

sad to see khrush go. haven't had that much fun watching someone on the A's hit in years

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
what an odd trade

i get wanting to get rid of KD's contract but andrus is even more expensive and under contract for another year or two. plus he was pretty shit last season. KD was too but he showed some signs of life in the playoffs and if he hits like he normally does in texas, the rangers just robbed the A's blind

sad to see khrush go. haven't had that much fun watching someone on the A's hit in years

Davis after hitting 48 home runs in 2018, crashed back down to earth since.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Great. Trade a dude who epitomizes the town for a dbag with a shit eating grin. His struggles (and hip issue) are behind him. I’d is gonna rake this year.
Davis after hitting 48 home runs in 2018, crashed back down to earth since.
You mean after he hit the same total the previous 2 seasons, as well??
Don't mind this trade for Oakland. Davis is crap.
Davis was tearing it up into mid may last season when stupidass inter league play caused a defensive injury in his hip that he played through. He was finally healthy and confident going into the playoffs this October and he mashed.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Great. Trade a dude who epitomizes the town for a dbag with a shit eating grin. His struggles (and hip issue) are behind him. I’d is gonna rake this year.

You mean after he hit the same total the previous 2 seasons, as well??

Davis was tearing it up into mid may last season when stupidass inter league play caused a defensive injury in his hip that he played through. He was finally healthy and confident going into the playoffs this October and he mashed.
yeah, wouldn't surprise me at all if he returned to his usual form in '21

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If Davis stays healthy the Rangers might make a real run at the team strikeouts record, they were right on the cusp in 2019
I’m guessing more teams are subscribing to that method. Go big or go home is better to them than a guy who makes a lot of contact but gidp’s all the time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Davis is back to Oakland on minor league deal

This trade was a swap of awful players who formerly had good production in a swap of contracts and change of scenery move

Davis didn't last in Texas long before getting his release while Andrus has done nothing to turn his career around in Oakland

None of the spare parts have done much of note either though Acker has potential in longrun though its a longshot

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Rangers are now paying the salaries of Davis, Andrus, Petit, Romo, Moreland and Rosenthal • to play on the A’s

(Rosenthal won’t play, but Texas money is paying him)

Reactions: Terry Yake

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Andrus he may be bound for Southside of Chicago

With Anderson injury the Sox need someone to play there (+ Garcia an option to play there is injured now as well)

Andrus sucks as hitter at this point but is still solid fielder so that should help Sox if he comes

Meh nothing really out there as upgrade so there is no real downside, but I don't expect anything from Andrus if he comes to Chicago except hopefully dependable glove

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He’s an average hitter at the plate this season, and he’s a likable guy who’s always positive. Can’t see the bad in this for the Sox, especially for league minimum.

I mentioned it before it happened, but the A’s were never going to allow him to have the pa’s needed for his mutual option next year. Releasing him to catch on with a contender was literally the least they could do for him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He’s an average hitter at the plate this season, and he’s a likable guy who’s always positive. Can’t see the bad in this for the Sox, especially for league minimum.

I mentioned it before it happened, but the A’s were never going to allow him to have the pa’s needed for his mutual option next year. Releasing him to catch on with a contender was literally the least they could do for him.
normally it'd piss me off, but paying 2023 elvis andrus 15 mil or whatever he's owed is laughable. not letting him reach the # of PAs he needed was the only option

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
normally it'd piss me off, but paying 2023 elvis andrus 15 mil or whatever he's owed is laughable. not letting him reach the # of PAs he needed was the only option
For sure, but it’s more the way they went about it. If he’d been getting days off from the get it would be one thing, but he only missed like 4 of the first 100 games then they started benching him every other game. It’s also clear by his words that management didn’t even discuss his situation with him, which is disrespectful to a 14-year vet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad