Confirmed with Link: TEUVO TIME!!!!!: Turbo signs 5 year extension

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
One last thing, when exactly did our board get taken over by the Finns?
What? You haven’t gotten the official board haircut?

upload_2019-2-13_18-59-47.jpeg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Did Finland invent the sauna?

Holy **** you learn something new every day
Mainly I think we just glory-hog it like nobody's business.

I mean, no one probably knows where the idea originated, and I'm fairly certain the Indigenous Americans invented their sweat lodge separately of the Eurasian taiga scene.

A while back they unearthed a Bronze Age sauna on the Orkney Islands from around 4000 to 1000 BC. "Finland" was only surfacing from the Baltic sea, and "Finns" were but a distant glimmer in the eye of some Uralic-speaking sob wanting to score some Boat Axe people bootang.

Bronze age ‘sauna’ unearthed on Orkney

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Mainly I think we just glory-hog it like nobody's business.

I mean, no one probably knows where the idea originated, and I'm fairly certain the Indigenous Americans invented their sweat lodge separately of the Eurasian taiga scene.

A while back they unearthed a Bronze Age sauna on the Orkney Islands from around 4000 to 1000 BC. "Finland" was only surfacing from the Baltic sea, and "Finns" were but a distant glimmer in the eye of some Uralic-speaking sob wanting to score some Boat Axe people bootang.

Bronze age ‘sauna’ unearthed on Orkney
Interesting article - in regards to it I hope they weren't taking their recently deceased to a hot steamy room

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Interesting article - in regards to it I hope they weren't taking their recently deceased to a hot steamy room

For a given value of hot and steamy, they totally were. You don't have to go back but a couple of generations, and everyone in Finland was born in sauna , and the dead were washed in sauna before the burial.

Of course they didn't have the heat up to the max for either occasions.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I wonder if he took a team-friendly deal because he's confident he'll get to start warming up his golf game in March every year? Hmmmmmmmm....

Can't be, he would have asked more money in the negotiations to ensure there's less to go around for the rest of the roster.

- But Teuvo, you're using the cap.
- Oh I plan to.

golf-caps-500x500.jpg

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The capfiends got the details:

2019-20$5,400,000$5,400,000$0$0$6,250,000$6,250,000$6,250,000
2020-21$5,400,000$5,400,000$0$0$4,250,000$4,250,000$4,250,000
2021-22$5,400,000$5,400,000$0$0$5,875,000$5,875,000$5,875,000
2022-23Modified NTC$5,400,000$5,400,000$0$0$4,750,000$4,750,000$4,750,000
2023-24Modified NTC$5,400,000$5,400,000$0$0$5,875,000$5,875,000$5,875,000
TOTAL$27,000,000$27,000,000$0$0$27,000,000$27,000,000$27,000,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CLAUSE DETAILS: Player submits a 10 team no trade list.

Teuvo Teräväinen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

No Signing Bonuses, only a minimal lockout protection in form of the suspected lockout seasons paying a little less.

Free advice to NHL GMs who for some reason haven't figured this out yet: I know you like giving out NTCs because they can save you some cash, and I know it seems like a no-brainer when you really can't imagine trading the guy anyway. And I know you are more likely to agree to a NTC when you are buying out UFA seasons.

BUT, the one time you do *not* want a player to have a NTC is in the final year of a multi-year contract, which is the one and only time you'd probably even consider trading the guy you just signed, for the good of the future of the team. You guys are hamstringing yourselves and hamstringing your team. It should be pretty simple to create a team policy that says this, and to stick to it. There is no reason a guy should have a NTC at the trade deadline when he's about to be a UFA. He's already got a ton leverage and you're giving him even more.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Free advice to NHL GMs who for some reason haven't figured this out yet: I know you like giving out NTCs because they can save you some cash, and I know it seems like a no-brainer when you really can't imagine trading the guy anyway. And I know you are more likely to agree to a NTC when you are buying out UFA seasons.

BUT, the one time you do *not* want a player to have a NTC is in the final year of a multi-year contract, which is the one and only time you'd probably even consider trading the guy you just signed, for the good of the future of the team. You guys are hamstringing yourselves and hamstringing your team. It should be pretty simple to create a team policy that says this, and to stick to it. There is no reason a guy should have a NTC at the trade deadline when he's about to be a UFA. He's already got a ton leverage and you're giving him even more.
They submit the list before the season in question starts I believe. A 10 team no-trade list like Teuvo got here shouldn't be too difficult to deal with. The player gets to close out some unwanted destinations, but that's it.

Quite often you see papers that have full NMC when the UFA years stars, but for the last two or so years of the contract it turns into a modified NTC with 10 or 15 teams or somesuch. I would assume that means you can trade the player if you need to, but you can't downright screw him over.

The Patric Berglund incident should tell everyone that the modified NTC kind of may be a life and death issue to the player who has passed the UFA milestone and warrants one.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
I wonder if he took a team-friendly deal because he's confident he'll get to start warming up his golf game in March every year? Hmmmmmmmm....

Last summer he apparently played 4 under par once. Propably he is seriously hoping to get second career on there later ;)

For Finns, there's nice interview on NHLWAM series with him and Aho from the beginning of season (and also from previous sesons in other episodes)https://www.nordicbet.com/fi/blogi/nhlwam/season-7-osa-1/

For non-Finns, you can see at 9:45 how his penalty shot practice [ :laugh: ] was going on summer and also you can see how both of the guys looks in front of camera with finnish language, when basically interviewd by their old friends (=no wonder if in english in more official condition they look shy).

Mathios

May 20, 2017
Last summer he apparently played 4 under par once. Propably he is seriously hoping to get second career on there later ;)

For Finns, there's nice interview on NHLWAM series with him and Aho from the beginning of season (and also from previous sesons in other episodes)https://www.nordicbet.com/fi/blogi/nhlwam/season-7-osa-1/

For non-Finns, you can see at 9:45 how his penalty shot practice [ :laugh: ] was going on summer and also you can see how both of the guys looks in front of camera with finnish language, when basically interviewd by their old friends (=no wonder if in english in more official condition they look shy).

I like how commited Aho is to keeping his hair behind his ear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad