Tesla pickup....ugly as hell?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
That's pretty much exactly right. This thing isn't going to be taking much market share even from the Tacoma crowd IMO so the full size crowd is out of the question.

Imagine being a contractor and pulling up to a job site with a ground version of the Star Fox vehicle. :laugh:

It will supposedly be able to tow 14,000lbs but that's with the really expensive 3 motor version so ya not sure if people who actually use that much towing capacity will be willing to shell out the money.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It will supposedly be able to tow 14,000lbs but that's with the really expensive 3 motor version so ya not sure if people who actually use that much towing capacity will be willing to shell out the money.

I know he wants to turn the market upside down and all that jazz but his company is a public company, if he is going to mass produce trucks he owes it to his shareholders to build one that can hold campers,tool boxes,sled decks and all the billions of things made for current vehicles. Most trucks are sold to farmers and construction guys, people that tow..this ‘truck’ is a bad idea.
Anybody towing that much weight is going to want a gooseneck/5th wheel setup so they don’t die driving down the highway.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Last edited:
Reactions: Fantomas

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So Musk being Musk and loving hyperbole and bluster has said that if released now the Cyberstuck would cost $1M each....due to the battery technology. Can only bring down the price by ramping up production of the model Y.

Elon Musk says the Cybertruck will cost $1 million if Tesla does this

Musk said if Tesla started building the Cybertruck at low volumes the pickups could cost "$1 million a piece," so it will be holding off until things get sorted out.
Tesla had been aiming to have the first Cybertrucks delivered by the end of 2021, and still advertises it as such. Musk didn't confirm that target still stands, but added that he thinks the vehicle, which is currently listed with starting prices ranging from $39,990 to $69,990, will be Tesla's "best product ever."

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I still don't mind the look of the thing. And being a fat middle aged guy I really appreciate the idea of a built in ramp to get into the bed.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
58348cdcffdde057dc5023bc9bdb94d3.jpg

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah but could two awesome vehicles really have a baby that hideous?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Outside of Back to the Future, the Delorean really wasn't very awesome. They did make a few gold ones, though.

Around the 8 minute mark.

A car doesn't have to be good to be awesome.

The DeLorean was the Yor: Hunter From the Future of automobiles: no matter how shitty it is from a technical standpoint, you still have a guy killing a pteranodon/bat/flyingwhatever with a bow + arrow and then using its somehow-immediately-rigor-mortis'ed carcass to 1) hang glide into a cavern filled with cavemen that stole his woman; and 2) deliver a flying dropkick to the villain in mid-flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is this piece of garbage ever going to be released? I'm waiting to laugh at one driving by on the road.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Is this piece of garbage ever going to be released? I'm waiting to laugh at one driving by on the road.
"ITS FASTER THAN YOUR TRUCK AND DADDY ELON IS AN ENTREPRENEUR"
- idiot tesla fanboys unaware they are driving a truck from StarFox on the SNES

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->