Terrible Schedule.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I have no idea why the NHL is dark tomorrow night. If they are worried about the MLB Postseason, than they shouldn't schedule any games on Saturday either. I know the NHL is mainly a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday League, but this is crazy there are no games tomorrow night. Have the Ducks play or something.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
From a terrible website expert, to terrible NHL.tv purchase process and support, to literally having zero games on a Friday at the start of the season... it's clear the NHL hates people watching their product.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah there should be no excuses for a 31-team league to have a silent Friday in the middle of the regular season.

A monkey could do a better job with the schedule.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah tell me about it. I predicted a while back that the Schedule would bury the Oilers right from the start this year: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ry-mcdavid-and-the-oilers-in-2018-19.2528677/

This humble brag has a certain "room full of monkeys with typewriters" feel to it.

As for the schedule, when you're dealing with 31 different cities, each home to venues that vary in frequency of use for non-hockey events, you're going to have some weird scheduling quirks. It's just the way it is.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The dumbest part about the schedule is that it's now hockey season, it's Friday night and there's no games on at all. Not one game at all being played tonight.

That's so lame. I know Friday is a light night in the NHL (as are Monday and Wednesday), but there's usually at least 2 games on.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Brutal schedule indeed, I think the caps had it the worst though

Back to back
5 day break
Back to back
I'm a Caps fan and I agree that the schedule sucks. But we aren't the only team. I was checking out the Islanders schedule. They are starting a west coast road trip tonight. 7 of their next 8 games are on the road with 2 back to backs during that 8 game span and all 4 games if the back to backs are on the road. Tonight us already their 2nd game against Nashville and they will be playing San José for the 2nd time this season later in this road trip. Wtf kind of scheduling is that?

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
honestly if the wanna expand the nhl in europe why dont they just have the all star game in europe and have europe vs north america for the game and skills compitition

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Florida& Tampa have played 1 game as well, like why?

Then Florida will travel to Finland at some point as well.
Panthers will have played 11 games by Nov 7. They the be play every other day for almost a month straight.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Panthers will have played 13 games by Nov 7. They the be play every other day for almost a month straight.

The depth will be really tested.

They can't play Barkov& Trocheck like they did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad