NFL: Terrell Owens declined his invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If this is truly what he wants then that's fine since it's his choice. Every year you hear these guys talking about what a great moment going on that stage and giving the speech is so hopefully he doesn't end up regretting it in a few years if he really doesn't end up going.

The reaction to this has been entertaining, especially from some media members. One HOF voter actually said he wouldn't have voted him in this year if he knew beforehand Owens wasn't going to show up for the ceremony. People like that are probably part of the reason why he made this decision to begin with.

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Well it's his choice so meh.

I'm with ya.. Owens expressed gratitude for the honor (& fan support), and politely declined to appear at the ceremony. I don't think he's doing anything wrong, and ultimately who cares..
It will make a good talking point for sports-radio debate tho..

Reactions: David Suzuki

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The letter makes it seem like he didn't like the city of Canton. Being from there originally, I could definitely see that being a possibility. Though, there's nothing stopping these guys from partying in Cleveland afterward. It's just 45-60 minutes away. Or an hour flight to NYC from CAK, literally 10 minutes up the highway.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If this is truly what he wants then that's fine since it's his choice. Every year you hear these guys talking about what a great moment going on that stage and giving the speech is so hopefully he doesn't end up regretting it in a few years if he really doesn't end up going.

The reaction to this has been entertaining, especially from some media members. One HOF voter actually said he wouldn't have voted him in this year if he knew beforehand Owens wasn't going to show up for the ceremony. People like that are probably part of the reason why he made this decision to begin with.

Exactly. The media response to this pretty much confirms why he didn't want to go.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It has everything to do with the media. I don't blame him for not wanting to pretend to like the assholes who chose not to rightfully vote him in his first year because of their stupid feelings towards him.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
People saying if they knew this they wouldn't vote for him? Well those people shooting be voting. Because he doesn't want to go to the ceremony that makes his play on the field not worthy of the Hall Of Fame all of a sudden?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People saying if they knew this they wouldn't vote for him? Well those people shooting be voting. Because he doesn't want to go to the ceremony that makes his play on the field not worthy of the Hall Of Fame all of a sudden?
Those people are only proving TO's point. Why go to a ceremony around a bunch of phonies who didn't vote for you at first because you didn't kiss their asses when you can celebrate the accomplishment with people you care about?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

who?

what a moron. i don't think that person understands HOF voting rules very well..

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I don't see any issue at all with it. He's a top 5 talent at his position who had to wait because people didn't like him. He shouldn't have to go be buddy buddy with them now.

Reactions: mmvvpp

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It has everything to do with the media. I don't blame him for not wanting to pretend to like the *******s who chose not to rightfully vote him in his first year because of their stupid feelings towards him.

This.

Feb 24, 2017
Terrell can still get a meaningful acceptance speech out there without being in canton that day. I’m a packers fan who knows damn well rice fumbled before to’s most famous catch, but damn what a play that was and damn what a talent he was. Same for randy who “mooned” us all. Pure brilliance as a wr.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Terrell can still get a meaningful acceptance speech out there without being in canton that day. I’m a packers fan who knows damn well rice fumbled before to’s most famous catch, but damn what a play that was and damn what a talent he was. Same for randy who “mooned” us all. Pure brilliance as a wr.
With all the times the Packers kicked our asses in that era, just let us have that one lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->