Tennessee State University exploring hockey programs, would be first HBCU with Division 1 hockey.

TSK1020

I sure hope your campaign slogan for this youth sports initiative doesn't include: "a good first smoke." :facepalm:

i do, have some fun. obv i wouldnt but it supposed to be funny. Hockey is too white of a sport to not be different and make a change in black community. They have no realtion to it, too stale and country-club esque of a sport

Last edited by a moderator:

TSK1020

Alabama-Huntsville started out of nowhere. They'd be a lower middle of the line NCAA D1 program with a solid future if they weren't a full day bus trip away from their closest opponent. You can start with nothing.

Arizona State definitely isn't in the middle of a hockey community. Neither was Penn State.

As long as the team is supported well, grass roots doesn't matter. It's not like local kids are the pipeline. The vast majority of players still come from traditional hockey areas.

ya thats in the South but thats not a restrictive labor supply. HBCU could be all white but the point is to at least have some black athletes on board also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad