Tendy Equipment

CanadianGoalie006

Mar 16, 2011
Calgary, AB
What pads do you wear, what gloves, what sticks, how do you wear your pads?
This is just a thread for goalies to chat and debate on behalf of their brands.

My set up is as follows:
Vaughn Velocity pads (absolutely the best brand for goaltenders especially for pads), Eagle blocker trapper, a Brian Thief chest and arm pad and I like Sherwood sticks. I'm a big fan of Bauer, formerly Itech, masks I think they give the most secure feel.

What's your set up and why do you like it?

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
Smith 2000 series gloves and pads.(Smith>Vaughn.;))
Brown 2000 C/A
Graf Skates
CCM 662 pants
Sportmask T3 mask and a Quantum mask.
Sherwood foam core sticks.(hate the feel of Comp sticks)

Pads pretty lose, do not tuck or strap down my C\A, and play with sharp skates. I'm a butterfly blocker type.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Smith 5000 pads, Smith 1000 catcher, RBK premier blocker
Vaughn V3 chesty
RBK 5k skates
Bauer and Montreal sticks
CCM pants
Sportmask Mage RS mask

Big fan of the Smiths, best pad Ive ever owned, Vaughn Velo's are my second fave though. Pads are snug, not too tight or too lose, I am more about the knee and calf wrap locks though. I definitely play a more hybrid style of goalie.

ManicSubsidal15

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
Figured this was a good thread to ask this. I'm looking to start playing goalie and wasnt sure exactly what sized pads I should get. I'm 5'10 165 lbs. The options I'm between are 32 and 34 inches. Any recommendations?

progoaliemask

Jan 13, 2009
Boston

CanadianGoalie006

Mar 16, 2011
Calgary, AB
Smith 2000 series gloves and pads.(Smith>Vaughn.;))
Brown 2000 C/A
Graf Skates
CCM 662 pants
Sportmask T3 mask and a Quantum mask.
Sherwood foam core sticks.(hate the feel of Comp sticks)

Pads pretty lose, do not tuck or strap down my C\A, and play with sharp skates. I'm a butterfly blocker type.

Smith better than Vaughn, doubtful, what like 60 per cent of the NHL goalies wear Vaughns? haha. I'm with you on the foam core sticks though, they feel more solid when a puck comes off of them, I feel like the composites vibe too much through your hand. I wore my pads too tight one day and went down to a butterfly the pad didn't twist and it sprained my MCL, for a butterfly tendy loose is the way to go!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Smith better than Vaughn, doubtful, what like 60 per cent of the NHL goalies wear Vaughns? haha. I'm with you on the foam core sticks though, they feel more solid when a puck comes off of them, I feel like the composites vibe too much through your hand. I wore my pads too tight one day and went down to a butterfly the pad didn't twist and it sprained my MCL, for a butterfly tendy loose is the way to go!

Pete Smith designed the Vaughn Velocity. ;)

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
JesussavesVaughn-1.jpg

My setup:

Vapor XXX Skates
Vaughn V2 7000 Price Graphic (Pro spec, Pro logo)
Vaughn V3 7500 Blocker x2 (One game, One practice)
Vaughn V3 7500 Glove
Vaughn V3 7500 Pants
Vaughn Epic 8800 C/A
Itech 960 Mask
Warrior Swagger (Pro return, 3 pack)

IMG00222-20110129-18162.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad