Ten young guns with the potential to join Jarome Iginla in the exclusive 10 x 30 Club

Cudo

Apr 30, 2010
Saskatchewan
Jamie Benn if he can stay healthy. Scores on the PK and should get alot of PP minutes in the future with the Stars, does it all and in the mold of Iginla too (maybe not his shot, but the style of game).

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn't say he was injury prone, I said he's more likely to get injured than AO given they play a similar style, but one guy is a lot bigger than the people he's running into

I dont see what youre basing this off of, personally.

Jarome Iginla, the player who inspired this thread, is only 6'1'' 205 and doesn't gather many injuries despite playing a more physical game than Hall and debatebly more than Ovechkin as well.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Jamie Benn if he can stay healthy. Scores on the PK and should get alot of PP minutes in the future with the Stars, does it all and in the mold of Iginla too (maybe not his shot, but the style of game).

He needs to get his first 30 goal season to be mentioned with some of the others in this thread, IMO.

Hanzee Dent

Nov 22, 2010
Homerish pick, but Jeff Carter has 3 straight years of 30+ and a 29 goal season before that. Don't know if he's still considered "young".

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Not a young gun, but Hossa already has 7 30 plus goal seasons, plus one season with 29 goals. He is just pumping out the goals. Has a pretty good chance to join the 10 x 30 club.

Gaborik, similarly, has already 6 30 goal seasons and has a good chance as well.

Cudo

Apr 30, 2010
Saskatchewan
He needs to get his first 30 goal season to be mentioned with some of the others in this thread, IMO.
Where's the fun in that? Said players with the "potential". Anyone can name the obvious choices, it then becomes who can Google the fastest, IMO.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Chris Stewart, manbearpigs game winner was sick, hell he might hit thirt this year even after missing 20+ games. 10 straight years may be tough but he could easily hit 8

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Kovalchuk can still do it if he notches 5 more goals in the remaining 15 games.

Assuming he achieves it, it'll be his 7th consecutive year. It would've been his 8th too had he not missed 17 games in his rookie season, and fell short of the mark by 1 goal.....

The guy is an absolute stud. And he'll only be 28 come this April. If he remains injury free for the rest of his career, it's not a stretch to think he can finish with over 800 goals. Only Gretzky and Howe have managed that feat in the history of the NHL.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Not a young gun, but Hossa already has 7 30 plus goal seasons, plus one season with 29 goals. He is just pumping out the goals. Has a pretty good chance to join the 10 x 30 club.

Gaborik, similarly, has already 6 30 goal seasons and has a good chance as well.

The point of the thread though is to get 10 30+ consecutive goal seasons. Gaborik basically has zero chance because of his injury history.

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
I could see Kopitar coming close to 10 straight 30 goal seasons and he definitely has the ability to do it outright....

Last 3 years of 32, 27, and 34 goals....had a bad goal slump midway through this season, but all he needs is 6 goals in the last 14 games to get it this year....

In all reality though, id say in the next 10 years Kopitar has 7 or 8 30+ goal seasons with 2 or 3 of them 40+

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Hall gets hurt once when making a bad decision to fight and he is already injury prone wow

Smartguy: Where did you read & how did you jump to the conclusion that the article stated Hall is "injury prone".

From the article:

- Taylor Hall: He will be an elite level scorer in this league but his style of play will likely land him in the infirmary on more than just this occasion in his career.

No one is stating Hall is injury prone. 10 or more straight yrs of 30 or more goals has been done just 10 times in NHL history. 10 times!

I, for one, would love to see Hall turn the trick, but 1 more extended stay in the infirmary within next 10 yrs, will make his bid to accomplish this feat tough.

By no means do I think he is injury prone, but I have a feeling Hall won't be setting any ironman streaks in his career. Hope he proves me wrong!

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Smartguy: Where did you read & how did you jump to the conclusion that the article stated Hall is "injury prone".

From the article:

No one is stating Hall is injury prone. 10 or more straight yrs of 30 or more goals has been done just 10 times in NHL history. 10 times!

I, for one, would love to see Hall turn the trick, but 1 more extended stay in the infirmary within next 10 yrs, will make his bid to accomplish this feat tough.

By no means do I think he is injury prone, but I have a feeling Hall won't be setting any ironman streaks in his career. Hope he proves me wrong!
He says that he will be in the infirmary a more which means hes going to be injured alot, know one can say just because he plays that way he will get injured before we actually see multiple injuries because of it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad