Tribute Ten Years Ago Today

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I just had a flashback of Crosby spinning around wildly in a gyroscope at the hands of the mad scientist himself, Dr. Ted Carrick.

I'm sure that never actually happened, but my brain remembers it that way.
Carrick watched Spies Like Us before coming up with brain treatment.
RightPassionateGoldfinch-small.gif

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I guess it’s a fun event, but I always found it silly how the Winter Classic had this feel of something that was a bigger deal than being just a single regular season game.

That one was terrible for multiple reasons though and obviously with the whole Steckel situation felt like a bigger deal than just one loss though.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I had a press credential to this game. No one in the box knew why Sid was laboring back to the bench until we looked to the monitors and saw the replay. Steckel absolutely knew what he was doing. Did he intend for this result? Probably not. But he knew exactly what he was doing.

In his presser after and in the locker room Sid definitely looked glassy eyed. I’d seen that one other time, the previous year when Cooke got destroyed by Evander Kane in Atlanta. After that game Cooke looked shallow eyed. Sid had the same look. Present but not there. Amazing how he kept playing, shameful that it was allowed to happen by some horrid medical staff.

The only bright spot is Sid leaves behind a legacy beyond the NHL. His concussion issues pushed the concern of them to the forefront and changed the way they’re looked at. The timing of it and CTE studies completely altered the way head injuries are seen, punished and treated for the better.

But man, f*** Steckel.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->