Ten years ago Mats Sundin signed with the Canucks

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The only time I ever liked Sundin was when he put on that illustrious, tradition-laced Canucks jersey. Too bad he was mired on a team that never won anything before then. Waste of a great career.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Normally when anniversaries come up like this I think "man, was it really that long ago?" but for this it seems like it's been longer than that for some reason. What a weird time for the Canucks.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It really is one of those weird little hiccups in history that doesn't seem entirely real for some reason. It was just such a weird little sidetrack, to both Sundin's career, and to the Canucks of that era.

Reactions: RedBruin

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
*Fats Sundin (FTFY)

He had put on a bunch of weight by the time he signed with the Canucks.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I thought the Leaf fan reaction to his shootout winner in his game back in Toronto was nice:

EDIT: It seemed like he had a pretty significant impact on that team, even in a short period. Would have been nice to have had him for one more season.

I'm gonna have to ask all of HF to stop posting content that is in anyway involving Mikhail Grabovski.

It just makes me miss him even more.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Massive signing for the Canucks. Soo many players( Kesler,Sedins) praised Sundin for their personal growth and dvelopment on and off the ice. It catapulted the Canucks 2 yrs laters to the Stanley Cup Finals.

If nothing else it was very entertaining hearing BoB Cole do a play by play.

Sundin to Sedin to Sedin to Sundin.

Also Mats Naslund was thrown out there by Mr Cole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->