News Article: Ten Ottawa Senator First-Rounders Who Weren't as Good as Alexandre Daigle

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Alexandre Daigle never became the generational talent people expected, but he still had a career to be proud of.

Compared to some first-rounders the Senators chose in their history, Daigle was an absolute star. So it's time to put some respect on his name. It's not his fault that the hockey world expected so much from him. And it's not like there haven't been others who failed to live up to their lofty draft status.

Using 2017 as our cutoff, The Hockey News presents 10 Senator first-rounders who wish their careers panned out as well as Daigle's:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Alexandre Daigle never became the generational talent people expected, but he still had a career to be proud of.

Compared to some first-rounders the Senators chose in their history, Daigle was an absolute star. So it's time to put some respect on his name. It's not his fault that the hockey world expected so much from him. And it's not like there haven't been others who failed to live up to their lofty draft status.

Using 2017 as our cutoff, The Hockey News presents 10 Senator first-rounders who wish their careers panned out as well as Daigle's:
I mean, comparing 1OA guys taken outside the top 10 in most cases is a really strange way to find fodder for an article... Must be a really slow news day,

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
LOL

Coming soon to a list near you... TYLER BOUCHER!!

But man we had bad run there from White through to Bowers.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Daigle first 131 games: 88 points
Lafrenniere first 135 games: 52 points

Daigle career: 0.53 ppg (616 games)
Laff career: 0.49 ppg (291 games)

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
In all seriousness, I wonder how Daigle would've turned out if we had some quality vets, some semblance of mental health support, and not the crazy $ the organization through at him which I believe led to rookie contract caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad