3. Doughty
4. Kopitar
5. Quick
6. Dionne
7. Palffy
8. Blake
9. Taylor
10. Vachon

HM: Brown, Williams, Nicholls, Carter, Simmer, Goring, Norstrom, Deadmarsh, Allison

What's your list?

Last edited:
Reactions: mrkolice

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
1. Alexander Frolov
2. Kyle Clifford
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Drew Doughty
5. Mike Richards
6. Raitis Ivanans
7. Jonathan Quick
8. Sean O'Donnell
9. Wayne Simmonds
10. Lubomir Visnovsky

HM: Michael Cammlleri, Jeff Carter, Erik Ersberg

:)

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
1. Alexander Frolov
2. Kyle Clifford
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Drew Doughty
5. Mike Richards
6. Raitis Ivanans
7. Jonathan Quick
8. Sean O'Donnell
9. Wayne Simmonds
10. Lubomir Visnovsky

Dave Hutchison should be #7 on your list at least!

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think if you want a really great argument you go with the 10 worst Kings of all time. I mean the greats always get mention but athletes like Denis Tsygurov don't get any attention and barely exist on HF Boards. And I think it will be a good way to get Nick Shore into some sort of top 10 list and maybe get the guy some work-hopefully his possession numbers included any money he made cause unemployment doesn't pay much.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think if you want a really great argument you go with the 10 worst Kings of all time. I mean the greats always get mention but athletes like Denis Tsygurov don't get any attention and barely exist on HF Boards. And I think it will be a good way to get Nick Shore into some sort of top 10 list and maybe get the guy some work-hopefully his possession numbers included any money he made cause unemployment doesn't pay much.

You can easily make a separate top ten list of the worst Kings of all-time for every position. It won't be hard to come up with a list of 50 names for that one.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
From what I've seen I'd rank it something like this

1. Dan Cloutier
2. John Zeiler
3. Jason LaBarbera
4. Denis Gauthier
5. Barry Brust
6. Rich Clune
7. Jeff Giuliano
8. Jon Klemm
9. Randy Jones
10. Dustin Penner

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I accept Dustin Brown at 10, just because of that Conn Smythe performance in 2012, otherwise he should not be anywhere the top 10.

Brown has earned greatness through results. I think if we're talking most talented players you have Nicholls in there, his numbers are off the charts but he failed to win it all. With 2 Cups Bernie Nicholls' career is judged totally differently. As it stands now Brown's #23 jersey will go into the rafters one day without a doubt. If you said that 7 years ago you would have been laughed right off HF.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
From what I've seen I'd rank it something like this

1. Dan Cloutier
2. John Zeiler
3. Jason LaBarbera
4. Denis Gauthier
5. Barry Brust
6. Rich Clune
7. Jeff Giuliano
8. Jon Klemm
9. Randy Jones
10. Dustin Penner

Remove Dustin Penner,he at lease scored the overtime goal in the 2012 Conference Finals game over the Coyotes.

Reactions: 21Dog

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
dean-lombardi.jpg

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
1. Alexander Frolov
2. Kyle Clifford
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Drew Doughty
5. Mike Richards
6. Raitis Ivanans
7. Jonathan Quick
8. Sean O'Donnell
9. Wayne Simmonds
10. Lubomir Visnovsky

no Matt Greene ???

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
1. Marcel Dionne
2. Wayne Gretzky
3. Drew Doughty
4. Jonathan Quick
5. Anze Kopitar
6. Luc Robitaille
7. Dave Taylor
8. Rogie Vachon
9. Dustin Brown
10. Ziggy Palffy

Dustin Brown is always in my Top 10 for years to come as the first King to ever hoist the Stanley Cup. He has been much maligned, but he produced when and where it matters most.

Jari Kurri would have easily made this list had he been a King for a greater percentage of his career. He was always one of my favorites.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Brown has earned greatness through results. I think if we're talking most talented players you have Nicholls in there, his numbers are off the charts but he failed to win it all. With 2 Cups Bernie Nicholls' career is judged totally differently. As it stands now Brown's #23 jersey will go into the rafters one day without a doubt. If you said that 7 years ago you would have been laughed right off HF.

I agree. I can't even rank them when we are talking about different eras. Or is it based on talent?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
1. Robitaille
2. Gretzky
3. Doughty
4. Kopitar
5. Quick
6. Dionne
7. Palffy
8. Blake
9. Taylor
10. Vachon

HM: Brown, Williams, Nicholls, Carter, Simmer, Goring, Norstrom, Deadmarsh, Allison

What's your list?

1. Robitaille
2. Dionne
3. Taylor
4. Gretzky
5. Brown
6. Kopitar
7. Blake
8. Quick
9. Doughty
10. Goring

GP with the kings matters a lot to me in my list. So as someone like Doughty plays more than Blake (this season) things will change. Crazy that Brown will have the most Games Played as a King when he suites up for the 67th game this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->