Trade: [TEN/ATL] Julio Jones traded to Titans for 2nd rounder, swap of 4th for 6th

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Falcons are getting younger offensively as they rebuild

Ryan is going to be only holdover and I expect next draft the Falcons will go QB

For Titans they will have a real good 1-2 WR duo in AJ Brown and Julio Jones.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lesson here is that someone was lying about the Falcons having a 1st on the table.
The only explanation one can offer is that the first rounder was contingent on ATL retaining on the deal where they ate a good amount of Julio’s $15 mill in salary this year. Atl can’t even sign their own draft picks right now so that option likely not available to them.

thus they end up taking the second rounder, likely without having to pick up any of Julio’s salary in the transaction. Teams knew this about Atl so personally doubt a first was ever offered.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Ryan is going to be only holdover and I expect next draft the Falcons will go QB

Something I saw speculated on was Jordan Live for Julio Jones. Hard to say how that looks without more tape on Love.

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021

I'm sure they would have drafted a QB and moved Ryan too if his dead cap weren't intolerable. No question they could have found a buyer depending on the return.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm sure they would have drafted a QB and moved Ryan too if his dead cap weren't intolerable. No question they could have found a buyer depending on the return.
Of course as the cap hit if Ryan to the new team is reasonable. But like you said the dead cap in Ryan is massive. Costs Atl more to not have him vs have him.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->