Tell me what the Lightning SHOULD have done

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Think about what you are saying.

If they had the surgery earlier and he came back with 10 games left, then what? What do the Bolts lose?

The answer is Savard at most. Stamkos was on LTIR longer than any number of games Kuch would have been back for.

Ice thought plenty about what I'm saying. It's you trying to preach this timeline that has all been exaggerated for some plausible deniability here. If you want to believe it's all a coincidence, feel free. Dont expect other people to believe this BS.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Ice thought plenty about what I'm saying. It's you trying to preach this timeline that has all been exaggerated for some plausible deniability here. If you want to believe it's all a coincidence, feel free. Dont expect other people to believe this BS.

You are putting too much emphasis on this supposed timeline. I don’t think you realize if Kucherov came back with 10 games left in the season that nearly the same Bolts team would be on the ice right now.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Are you serious?

So you think they found a doctor to do an unneeded surgery? Or a doctor that lied about a diagnosis? Do you even hear yourself?

You are accusing the Bolts and multiple doctors of major fraud.

While I don't think this is what happened, I do think the idea that doctors are particularly ethical or principled people is hilarious. They're shitheads just like the rest of us.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Think about what you are saying.

If they had the surgery earlier and he came back with 10 games left, then what? What do the Bolts lose?

The answer is Savard at most. Stamkos was on LTIR longer than any number of games Kuch would have been back for.

Really wouldn't waste your time responding to somebody that is willing to buy into some grand conspiracy. There is absolutely no reasoning with them.

Reactions: Mandala

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
While I don't think this is what happened, I do think the idea that doctors are particularly ethical or principled people is hilarious. They're shitheads just like the rest of us.

True.

But it’s way more far fetched the Lightning execs, a doctor, and Kucherov would risk jail time for this. It’s beyond an absurd theory

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Are you serious?

So you think they found a doctor to do an unneeded surgery? Or a doctor that lied about a diagnosis? Do you even hear yourself?

You are accusing the Bolts and multiple doctors of major fraud.
So i see a lot of "hip surgery" but no mention of "hip replacement surgery" .. Maybe i just didnt dig deep enough.
If it was a hip resurfacing surgery then the recovery time is days/weeks not months.

No fraud on doctor's part if u omit the word replacement.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
So i see a lot of "hip surgery" but no mention of "hip replacement surgery" .. Maybe i just didnt dig deep enough.
If it was a hip resurfacing surgery then the recovery time is days/weeks not months.

Then the NHL is lying. They monitor this to make sure nothing shady is going on. If his surgery was supposed to be a few week thing then clearly he couldn’t have been on LTIR that long.

The NHL reviews actual documents. The Bolts can simply tell them he had a few month surgery if he had a few week surgery

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I think it’s perfectly reasonable for the rules to change to force teams to be compliant to something for the playoffs. Many many teams have used LTIR and accrued cap space to boost their rosters well beyond the cap limit in the playoffs. Both the NHL and players don’t mind this but I’m sure they can figure something out.

But no the Lightning didn’t fake an injury and this is something that virtually all teams have done.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Then the NHL is lying. They monitor this to make sure nothing shady is going on. If his surgery was supposed to be a few week thing then clearly he couldn’t have been on LTIR that long.

The NHL reviews actual documents. The Bolts can simply tell them he had a few month surgery if he had a few week surgery
Whats an actual document? Recovery time could be anything.
What does the 'document' say for Toews? Klefbom?
Organizations 'lie' all the time if cap compliance may become an issue. This is just highest profile case۔
No one would give a crap if it was Klefbom returning to Oilers just in time for playoffs after practicing with the team for a couple months while being on LTIR.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Whats an actual document? Recovery time could be anything.
What does the 'document' say for Toews? Klefbom?
Organizations 'lie' all the time if cap compliance may become an issue. This is just highest profile case۔
No one would give a crap if it was Klefbom returning to Oilers just in time for playoffs after practicing with the team for a couple months while being on LTIR.

For surgery? Medical records/insurance records.

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
An asterisk for doing something that's completely legal and allowed? Give me a break. This isn't the Patriots or Astros, or like any other case of doing something illegal only to be found out later.

Put an asterisk next to the NHL if you want.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

I had hip surgery to remove a bone spur. They had to pull my leg out of its socket, go in with a scope through one incision, and go in with a laser to remove the bone with another incision and "clean up" cartilege. I've played hockey my whole life and am in top shape. It's been two years and its still not 100%.

Does anyone have a link to factual evidence of when his injury occurred (not that this matters too much)......

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Some simple ideas that may appease some,
A minimum number of games played to be eligible to play in playoffs, imposing a 10% cap overage during regular season to allow for LTIR replacement(s) and all teams must be cap compliant for playoffs. Pretty simple and would limit GMs gaming the system and would level the playing field as much as it can be.
I would be happy with any one of these, but the NHL being the NHL, I expect them to do nothing to address this.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Haha yeah not buying it man. Not one bit. They covered their tracks just enough the league whimped out and let it slide for one last year.

In big business double speak terms, they would call it "ongoing injury assessment" or something like that :laugh:

This wasnt Astros bad, but I certainly dont blame anyone for calling out BS when they see it. It is what it is.
Ok NHLAnon! We totally believe you.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Some simple ideas that may appease some,
A minimum number of games played to be eligible to play in playoffs, imposing a 10% cap overage during regular season to allow for LTIR replacement(s) and all teams must be cap compliant for playoffs. Pretty simple and would limit GMs gaming the system and would level the playing field as much as it can be.
I would be happy with any one of these, but the NHL being the NHL, I expect them to do nothing to address this.
The players would never agree to your "simple" solutions. Ever!

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
You are putting too much emphasis on this supposed timeline. I don’t think you realize if Kucherov came back with 10 games left in the season that nearly the same Bolts team would be on the ice right now.
You're not going to get a response. They never respond when they're told this fact, same with people who offer "solutions" like one RS game played to qualify for the playoff roster. The reason is simple, the solutions aren't meant to close the loophole, there meant to punish TB, specifically TB. They're pissed/Jealous because TB has been a top team for so long, it's their time to pay the price. That means losing important player due to the cap, that didn't happen. It's no more complex then that, simple envy.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Ok NHLAnon! We totally believe you.

I don't care if someone sees it differently than me. To me its pretty crystal clear what happened.

Tampa fans will love their team all the same, and fans of other teams will say they did it with an unfair advantage.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
I don't care if someone sees it differently than me. To me its pretty crystal clear what happened.

Tampa fans will love their team all the same, and fans of other teams will say they did it with an unfair advantage.
Thankfully fans of other teams dont decide what is or isn't within the rules. The league does and they're on TB's side. Besides, we all know the conspirtard collective known as NHLAnon are just envious:D

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Thankfully fans of other teams dont decide what is or isn't within the rules. The league does and they're on TB's side. Besides, we all know the conspirtard collective known as NHLAnon are just envious:D

It's cool that you came up with a catchphrase. But you wouldnt be here arguing random people that nothing happened if you didnt want that respect like any other Cup winner deep down. Just dont be surprised when you dont get it from a lot of people.

I dont expect Tampa fans to care. Just dont cry, if you do win, about tons of people thinking the win is a bit tainted.

You say you don't care, but I think you do...

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
It's cool that you came up with a catchphrase. But you wouldnt be here arguing random people that nothing happened if you didnt want that respect like any other Cup winner deep down. Just dont be surprised when you dont get it from a lot of people.

I dont expect Tampa fans to care. Just dont cry, if you do win, about tons of people thinking the win is a bit tainted.

I don't care about respect, I'm a fan of TB, not a part of them. I suspect they get plenty respect from their peers, that's probably all that matters to them. Not random nobodies like us. Also, someone else coined the NHLAnon thing.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020

Par for the course. I’m sure most Cup winners have some people out there that think they didn’t deserve it.

For example Boston 2011. I think the refs totally jobbed the Bolts in G7.

Hawks in 2015 did the same as the Bolts in 2021.

Someone somewhere can always play that game. Ultimately it doesn’t matter. All that matters is who won the Cup

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
He did a perfect job exploiting the rules to keep his Stanley Cup winning team. And I don't say it negatively, I really think he did a great job and props to Brisebois. It's kinda like when GM's started giving longer contract to lower the AAV, he did what he had to do, now it's the NHL turn to fix it so it won't happen in the future.

My only worry about this, is that older players who want to win a cup start having their smaller injuries fix if they know it can help the team long term (I can see Weber being a good candidate, Price also in 2-3 years).

I don't think anything should've been done differently about the situation, BUT I 100% understand Florida and Carolina fans being salty about the lost, and hockey fans in general who cheer against Tampa because they don't want to see them succeed in those terms.

At the end of the day, TB fans have a stacked team this year, who are IMO favorite to win the Cup, which would be the 2nd in 2 years. I REALLY don't see the need for any of those fans to rub it and try to stop people talking about their insane cap size right now.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Win and use the Tampa tax hole.loophole to pay the Refs for more pp. Take the ltir and pre-order the rings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad