Tell me more about Lindholm

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Ok, I know he played on one of the SHL's best lines and had a bit of a breakout this past year but does he have the game to have a regular spot in our lineup? Is he a clear step down from Aaltonen (who he would be competing against for that 4th line spot had Miro stayed)?

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

member 300185

Well, he takes things. He is no good before 11 am. He dresses in a tuxedo all the time. He once farted in a small room while doing an interview. He thought the interviewers name was Pand, er, Pamm. He has a brother named Dale. He is not comfortable in an office setting. Cant be around computers because he gets headaches. He needs someone to go up and down with him in the elevator. He has a weakness for sweets. Slow learner and not particularly good listeners. And he is a slow learner.

Hope that helped. :D

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Ok, I know he played on one of the SHL's best lines and had a bit of a breakout this past year but does he have the game to have a regular spot in our lineup? Is he a clear step down from Aaltonen (who he would be competing against for that 4th line spot had Miro stayed)?
Lindqvist seems to be a more natural scorer than Lindholm, but the latter’s maturity could be appealing to a team who thinks he can jump to the NHL immediately.
Predators’ Prospects Scouting Report: Swedish Free Agents

Good video clips on the site too.
I would say a different player than aaltonen all together

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Well, he takes things. He is no good before 11 am. He dresses in a tuxedo all the time. He once farted in a small room while doing an interview. He thought the interviewers name was Pand, er, Pamm. He has a brother named Dale. He is not comfortable in an office setting. Cant be around computers because he gets headaches. He needs someone to go up and down with him in the elevator. He has a weakness for sweets. Slow learner and not particularly good listeners. And he is a slow learner.

Hope that helped. :D
I can add a few more that I know of.

Likes to throw his sneakers across the road, always asks for popcorn at ice cream parlours, likes to look through plastic, his lamp shades must be aqua blue, wanted to be a tin funnel salemen when he was young, picks leaves off trees every second Sunday, has a bowl of boiled bologna every morning, enjoys throwing grass at windows, his favorite pizza toppings are sardines, peanut butter and dill pickles and he likes to stick his face in spider webs.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010

Likes to throw his sneakers across the road, always asks for popcorn at ice cream parlours, likes to look through plastic, his lamp shades must be aqua blue, wanted to be a tin funnel salemen when he was young, picks leaves off trees every second Sunday, has a bowl of boiled bologna every morning, enjoys throwing grass at windows, his favorite pizza toppings are sardines, peanut butter and dill pickles and he likes to stick his face in spider webs.

See that's interesting because I heard:

He grew up in Compton, learned how to play professional hockey through the NHL video game series, has a 3 girlfriends (his main chick, his side chick, and his side side chick), can do pull ups with no hands and drinks vodka with his morning tea.

He also has 9k followers on instagram but follows no one.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

From what i have gathered so far is Babxock has been watching him play! When? This season past. Babs likes him and he is a player blooming late with good wheels, anove average fourth line offensive skills, and is proficient defensively to a above average degree.

Great on face offs. Sounds like a good solid 4 line center depth. Has solid but sonewhat slow development last 3 years.

Hope this helps. Person of Interest: Who is Maple Leafs signing Par Lindholm? - Sportsnet.ca

Here is his full contract info and waiver exemption info. Also a escape clause to be loaned back to his club team in sweden.

Contract details for Par Lindholm, Pierre Engvall and Jesper Lindgren

Last edited:
Reactions: Elephanto

member 300185

Mine was from the movie "Step Brothers"

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
See that's interesting because I heard:

He grew up in Compton, learned how to play professional hockey through the NHL video game series, has a 3 girlfriends (his main chick, his side chick, and his side side chick), can do pull ups with no hands and drinks vodka with his morning tea.

He also has 9k followers on instagram but follows no one.

Uh no he is from Kusmark...

In west Kusmark born and raised
On the ice was where he spent most of his days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some pucks outside of the slot
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in his neighborhood
He got in one little fight and his mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your uncle Shanny in Toronto."

He begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed his suitcase and sent him on his way
She gave him a kiss and then she gave him his ticket.
He put his Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it."

First class, yo, this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Toronto living like?
Hmm, this might be alright.

But wait he heard they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
He'll see when he get's there
He hoped they're prepared for the prince of Kusmark

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i hope hes a good defender and more importantly a good PKer, and good on the face off

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Tough to wade through some incredibly silly comments. Honest question, and the poor guy gets a semi trolling. I am a bit curious as well about the guy. All I know is Shanahan sure likes Swedes. We are developing a literal brigade here.

I myself have always loved Swedes, they aren't as alcoholic as a lot of the other Euros.

Just my opinion of course, I seek safe harbour.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Tough to wade through some incredibly silly comments. Honest question, and the poor guy gets a semi trolling. I am a bit curious as well about the guy. All I know is Shanahan sure likes Swedes. We are developing a literal brigade here.

I myself have always loved Swedes, they aren't as alcoholic as a lot of the other Euros.

I don't think it's about "liking" Swedes.

The leafs have the inside track on Swedish scouting through Thommie Bergman. How else could they unearth a guy like Andreas Johnsson in the 7th round? This years sleeper pick was Pontus Holmberg in the 6th round.

Aside from that the general perception out there is that swedish coaching emphasizes skating and play without the puck - both of which are critical in today's NHL. On the negative side swedish players have often had a reputation for being easily pushed around and intimidated but this seems to be less relevant as time passes.

One advantage with euros is that you can hold onto their rights longer than you can a canadian major junior or US college player giving the drafting team more flexibility. In addition Swedes adapt very easily to Canada and almost always speak english.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan

you must be so much fun at parties!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Probably less to do with "liking Swedes" more than having some deeper knowledge of how their developmental systems work, player timelines and the ability to project based on that info.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs seem to be the "go to team" for older European UFAs.
Zaitsev, Rosen, Borgman, Aaltonen, Ozhignokov, Lindholm. Leafs are hoping to hit on some of them.
And if you're a little older European coming to Toronto might be a good place to play/live compared to some of the other smaller AHL cities. Travel isn't that bad for Marlies compared to some other AHL teams either.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
200.webp

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
didnt really know much about aaltonen or lindholm but both put up great numbers overseas, highlights looked good, and heard nice things said about both...then aaltonen couldnt even play center in nhl yet over moore and gauthier...i hope par is better, we need a good bottom line center, we'll see pretty soon

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
From what other people have said on other sites/ from viewings he seems to be a bit better defensively than Aaltonen. A bit heavier on the puck, a little less 'shifty' of a skater more north south, and makes the smart quick pass and safer play a bit more.

From what I can gather he seems a bit better fit to be a 4c ish, less likely to be able to "reach his full potential" of being a mid tier 3C whereas as Aaltonen was.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
only question that matters to me - can he skate at an nhl level?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Could be wrong, but I think he's coming in as more of a centre in comparison to Aaltonen. Lindholm is also a bit older. Believe he has a better chance to win the 4C spot now than Aaltonen did a season ago, unless the team is hesitant to risk Gauthier to waivers.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Uh no he is from Kusmark...

In west Kusmark born and raised
On the ice was where he spent most of his days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some pucks outside of the slot
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in his neighborhood
He got in one little fight and his mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your uncle Shanny in Toronto."

He begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed his suitcase and sent him on his way
She gave him a kiss and then she gave him his ticket.
He put his Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it."

First class, yo, this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Toronto living like?
Hmm, this might be alright.

But wait he heard they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
He'll see when he get's there
He hoped they're prepared for the prince of Kusmark

Google "the woodpecker from Kusmark".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad