Prospect Info: Tell me about Louis Belpedio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
i have been following this player since the draft but it’s really hard to find up to date info about him.

So Wild fans, I understand he has a path to UFA but can you tell me his outlook?

Is there room for him in the MIN depth chart? What’s his projected role and style and is he a legit pro prospect?

Thanks!

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
As far as I know he's not in THE prospect pool. Haven't actually heard of him before now. For a quick glance he seems to be a leader type in University level and seems to produce okay. Plus/minus seems awful but don't know how good or bad he's team is.

Site: Louis Belpedio

Observation:

"January 2018 - it appears Belpedio's NCAA career will end with an exclamation point. 20 points in 22 games puts him in the thick of the top-10 nationwide for scoring by defensemen, and his two-way play appears to have improved quite a bit. Being involved in 30% of Miami U’s goals is a remarkable achievement for a defender, and it’s looking like he’ll be a great signing if he chooses to stay with Minnesota. He may also try his luck on the open market in August, however, and could be a hot commodity"

I mean the Wild isn't stacked defensively. He would be there on the line to get a spot on top 6 if he chooses to do so and continue his development. Still - NCAA ain't close to AHL or NHL.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He's one of the Wild's better unsigned prospects, but he's a ways below the top tier of Greenway/Kaprizov.

It'll be nice if he signs with the Wild, but FA is an option for him going into next season. Middle pair is his ceiling, fringe AHL/NHL player is where he seems to be projecting currently.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/with-the-80-pick-the-wild-select-louis-belpedio.1698351/

Good shooter, needs work in his own end. I'll say it again: it would be surprising for him not to sign with the Wild. But he's a smaller defenseman and he wanted to finish his degree, so four years is not a troubling thing.

Russo stated the Wild had until June 1st to sign him or he becomes a UFA Aug. 15th I believe. He wasn't sure, but Brent Flahr was asked, he said that as far he knew the Wild were planning on signing him. We can only hope for a Sprurgeon 2.0.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Which also means that he now counts against the cap until he clears IR

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
"Might" not...

I don't know the ins and outs on this specific situation, so I'll wait and see how it works out.

I have no idea how the "emergency exception" works. Hopefully I'm wrong about his contract counting

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad