OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: We're Stil Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Let's see if they actually follow through (no pun intended) with this. It's well past time.

That jumpshot one...what?

Edit: is that just him trying to be the smartest guy in the room instead of saying "no obvious foul baiting"

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I am absolutely baffled at this. How is that even possible? He's played 5 Games in Denver and 25 in Orlando. I don't understand why you would even waste your time being a fan of some NBA teams.

Reactions: BigToe

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Denver could be kind of scary.
Kind of? They made us look like garbage....then again it was a game at the tail end of the road trip minus Embiid and playing 1 mile high. But still they are good....

Watching the Nets and man I am not sure Sixers have the depth or star power to match them and get out of the East. Need Harden to continue to break down with his nagging injuries and Durant and Kyrie to be offset by Embiid and Harris and Simmons' D. Simmons has to pretty much have consistent triple doubles....at the min double doubles and we need our bench and Hill to be big factors.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Kind of? They made us look like garbage....then again it was a game at the tail end of the road trip minus Embiid and playing 1 mile high. But still they are good....

Watching the Nets and man I am not sure Sixers have the depth or star power to match them and get out of the East. Need Harden to continue to break down with his nagging injuries and Durant and Kyrie to be offset by Embiid and Harris and Simmons' D. Simmons has to pretty much have consistent triple doubles....at the min double doubles and we need our bench and Hill to be big factors.

Sure, the Nets will be tough. I haven’t actually seen them with Harden, KD, and Irving so I’m not even sure how they will play- I would expect Harden to be the main facilitator there. The thing that makes me somewhat optimistic is that I don’t think they have anyone who can defend Embiid. And so yeah, he’s just one guy against their big three but there’s still only one ball. Obviously we need Harris to be the player we’ve been seeing this season and yeah, we will need the bench.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Sure, the Nets will be tough. I haven’t actually seen them with Harden, KD, and Irving so I’m not even sure how they will play- I would expect Harden to be the main facilitator there. The thing that makes me somewhat optimistic is that I don’t think they have anyone who can defend Embiid. And so yeah, he’s just one guy against their big three but there’s still only one ball. Obviously we need Harris to be the player we’ve been seeing this season and yeah, we will need the bench.
The thing about Jersey is their defense absolutely stinks. Harden won't get as many foul calls come playoff time. Harden and Irving's D is brutal. If nets got Drummond I would have regrettably given them the east but with only Jordan, Embiid will have a field day. Lamarcus signing hurt but of the Nets options if he beats you with mid range shots you live with it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I would guess not but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Sounds like they're focusing on the weird jumping action that's going on all over the league.
Yeah that's what I thought too since it specified "verticality", which I'm assuming means wrangling in shooters to a more natural up and down flight path

Reactions: Jack Straw

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks. Do we think that could include the swipe through that Embiid does all the time?

No, it's a basketball move, it just takes advantage of defenders stupid enough to reach for the ball.
What they want to get rid of is the guy doing a pump fake, getting a defender off balance, then jumping into the defender instead of a normal jump shooting motion.
Same thing with drives, where the driver bumps the defender instead of taking the path to the rim.

Too many fouls slow the game, and the refs have been too lenient with offensive players, need to move the balance back to defense.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No, it's a basketball move, it just takes advantage of defenders stupid enough to reach for the ball.
What they want to get rid of is the guy doing a pump fake, getting a defender off balance, then jumping into the defender instead of a normal jump shooting motion.
Same thing with drives, where the driver bumps the defender instead of taking the path to the rim.

Too many fouls slow the game, and the refs have been too lenient with offensive players, need to move the balance back to defense.

It's a basketball move but Embiid obviously exaggerates it to try and draw the foul. A defender should be entitled to some air space directly in front of himself and I think it would be reasonable to say if the offensive player swipes through that far out it's not a defensive foul. But I doubt they're too worried about that now.

They should also do something about these 5 minute video reviews too. I just don't think there's anything that happens during a basketball game that should take that long to figure out.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It's a basketball move but Embiid obviously exaggerates it to try and draw the foul. A defender should be entitled to some air space directly in front of himself and I think it would be reasonable to say if the offensive player swipes through that far out it's not a defensive foul. But I doubt they're too worried about that now.

They should also do something about these 5 minute video reviews too. I just don't think there's anything that happens during a basketball game that should take that long to figure out.
The extra minutes are to surreptitiously contact Adam Silver who has the final say....

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Zion v Jo? Say less.
tz27(1).gif

Reactions: BigToe and Embiid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad