OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Were Stil Doing It For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m such a Shake fan when he’s unconscious from deep. I can’t help but feel that when he stops being confident in his 3 he just head down drives clogged lanes without the athleticism to really blow by anyone, though his touch can be nice at times. Then when he drills his 3s, and lanes open up, he can vary it. But he needs zero hesitation from deep, and he’s been all hesitation of late before this game. This team desperately needs that bench bomber in this series.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
A 5 that plays no defense is a fraudulent MVP.
4's/5's impact is weighted towards defense. 1's/2's toward offense.
The Nugs let Jerami walk so they could start MPJ.
But Porter cant guard a shadow either so they were worse this year than last depite Jokic putting up videogame numbers.
Traded assets for Gordon to try to cover their frontcourt defensive issues and he's making more than if they just paid Jerami.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
jokic had a historically great season. it's a crime that it wasn't unanimous

jokic had an 11 bpm embiid had a 7. These two weren't even in the same stratosphere.
Lol. Jokic is amazing at what he does but BPM needs context. Jokic plays PG for the Nuggets and BPM is primarily an offensive stat that historically underrates defense. Embiid is the better player. I have no problems with Jokic winning MVP though, Embiid won't win any big awards (ROY, MVP, DPOY, NBA 1st team) if he misses 30 games a year.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Lol. Jokic is amazing at what he does but BPM needs context. Jokic plays PG for the Nuggets and BPM is primarily an offensive stat that historically underrates defense. Embiid is the better player. I have no problems with Jokic winning MVP though, Embiid won't win any big awards (ROY, MVP, DPOY, NBA 1st team) if he misses 30 games a year.

Not saying the Sixers will win the Finals, but if they do Embiid will be Finals MVP. That's one big award he can definitely win.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Not saying the Sixers will win the Finals, but if they do Embiid will be Finals MVP. That's one big award he can definitely win.

200.gif

Reactions: Jack Straw

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Any realistic chance Denver had to do something in the playoffs disappeared when Murray went down.
I disagree.
Murray doesnt fix Denver's biggest problem which is defense. They'll be 2nd round fodder until they fix that.
Im interested to see what they do to address it.
Do they try to go the Nets route and deal MPJ/Murray to Portland for Dame?
Or do they try to get someone more 2 way inclined? Simmons/Jokic would be a good pairing.
MPJ/Jokic is not a pairing that fits.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think it'll be interesting to see how Morey sees this post-season.

Green can't defend any more, so much for $20+M veterans. Curry can't match up against quick PGs
Hill is OK, but nothing special off the bench.

Meanwhile, Thybelle is the defensive spark, Maxey is the live wire, and Milton is instant offense when he's on. Even Korkmaz can give you some solid minutes.

So do he change his philosophy next year, with a veteran core of Embiid, Harris and Simmons, does he start Matisse and Maxey (who hopefully will work on their 3 point shots this summer), bring Curry (who struggles defending quicker guards) and Milton off the bench, use Green's money to find a stretch 4/5, bring Howard back? Give Joe and Reed some PT? Accept that struggles with youth during the regular season creates the potential for a more athletic team, especially on defense, for the playoffs.

What I like is how the kids embrace defense, even Korkmaz has gone from matador to respectable.

Reactions: JXC

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Both Giannis and Ben are both post players on offense. At least with Ben they have Embiid down there so it is harder to do. With Giannis, I have no idea why they dont just make him a center. He cant be stopped in the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad