OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Or Maybe This Team Will Make Us Tap Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
JRich was so good as the ball handler tonight. And even with 0 points, Matisse just energizes lineups and puts his fingerprints on games. I like this.
I'm interested to see the +/- for him tonight. I feel like it was very good. It felt very good.

If the Celtics didn't miss like three 3s in the first half it would have been a wire to wire win. The sixers were lights out tonight on D, great help from everyone all around

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Glad you got to one!

My fiancee was used to hockey games, but ever since I took her to a Sixers game, she insists on going to those instead. It's just so damn nice having some juice in the building, isn't it?
For f***ing real dude. The crowd is awesome, loud, and energized throughout. You really feel like you make a difference at basketball games

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
C's with the schedule loss, but we're the 2nd most talented team in the East. If we ran set plays, our record would reflect that.

Pace in the 2nd half was good reminiscent of the 17 game win streak 2 years ago.
Few have the horses to run with us and no one has the size to bang even without Jo.

Zane Lowe wrote piece for ESPN a while ago about how the Sixers purposefully slow the pace to allow Jo to catch up but watching these performances makes you think.

Jo isnt a good enough scorer or decisionmaker in the halfcourt to be passing up easy buckets and extra possessions for his teammates.
No one on this team is.

Al makes quicker decisions out of the same spots in halfcourt sets as well.
JRich dapping Josh McKown during the radio interview postgame warmed my heart.
Hopefully there's video of that somewhere.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
C's with the schedule loss, but we're the 2nd most talented team in the East. If we ran set plays, our record would reflect that.

Pace in the 2nd half was good reminiscent of the 17 game win streak 2 years ago.
Few have the horses to run with us and no one has the size to bang even without Jo.

Zane Lowe wrote piece for ESPN a while ago about how the Sixers purposefully slow the pace to allow Jo to catch up but watching these performances makes you think.

Jo isnt a good enough scorer or decisionmaker in the halfcourt to be passing up easy buckets and extra possessions for his teammates.
No one on this team is.

Al makes quicker decisions out of the same spots in halfcourt sets as well.
JRich dapping Josh McKown during the radio interview postgame warmed my heart.
Hopefully there's video of that somewhere.
Every post of yours has some backhanded comment at Embiid and/or Simmons. Just an observation.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Blessing in disguise?
It may be if this game is any indication but it has to be sustainable. It is pretty interesting how much more active they looked....I mean Embiid is definitely not conditioned like he should be or said he would be. I have heard suggestions that KAT would be a better fit ... not sure about that.....either way Embiid is still an integral piece of the team but tonight was a bit of a revelation...

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
It may be if this game is any indication but it has to be sustainable. It is pretty interesting how much more active they looked....I mean Embiid is definitely not conditioned like he should be or said he would be. I have heard suggestions that KAT would be a better fit ... not sure about that.....either way Embiid is still an integral piece of the team but tonight was a bit of a revelation...
I didn't mean in a team value/play style sort of way, I meant maybe his body won't be so broken down towards the end of the season. He'll be out of shape for sure, but not crippled. My season goal for him was to be ready to go for round 1.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I didn't mean in a team value/play style sort of way, I meant maybe his body won't be so broken down towards the end of the season. He'll be out of shape for sure, but not crippled. My season goal for him was to be ready to go for round 1.
It should help him gain mileage but he still needs to be in better shape regardless...he does lumber up and down the court..not good on those knees.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
They're still the team Milwaukee doesn't want to see because they have a shot at containing Giannis. It feels like every contender in the East has that one team they badly want to avoid.

Don't give up on this team. It takes time to gel and a move will be made.

Ill never forget how long it took the 2008 celts to gel, or the wade bosh and james to gel, or charles barkley with the suns to gel. Basically what i am saying is that in the nba it does not take time for true talent to gel. The reason why this team is failing to gel is because it lacks elite talent. This was a poorly constructed roster with very odd individuals in this era and its going about as well as you could expect.

Reactions: trostol

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Every post of yours has some backhanded comment at Embiid and/or Simmons. Just an observation.
My last post before the one you quoted corncerned why we shouldnt trade Simmons.
Ive been an advocate of both as a duo for a long time.
Both have not risen to the challenge this year though. Not even close.
Was anything I said wrong? I dont think so. The normal pace we play at with Jo in the lineup is obviously not optimal.

Size, athleticism, perimeter steals/deflections at the guard and wing positions are a strength of this team. Half court offense is not.
The offense doesnt do Jo any favors, no easy buckets in the PnR, but he still makes slow decisions and gets iso goggles far too often leading to turnovers.
No need to hobble the horses you have to placate someone who is always going to get, and take, his share any way.

There needs to be a balance.
Simmons aggressiveness has to become more consistent esp in transition to offset our half court issues and maximize our tendency to gets hands on the rock defensively.
Too many times this season Simmons/Ennis/Thybulle etc.springs a break off a long rebound or a steal and instead of just taking it to the rack for a high percentage look peels back and waits for Jo while the defense sets.

With no Jo in the lineup they were looking to go the distance every time.
We should be able to do that with Jo in the lineup as well.

Jo in the post is one of this this teams strengths (most times) but its not a dominant enough option to forgo good, balanced offensive decisionmaking to force it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Good first half. Simons having another strong game so far and they’re making life difficult for Luka.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
This team is garbage. Getting worked by Dwight Powell.
Simmons watches the lead fall away and doesnt even think to look at the rim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad